Iddy biddy teeny weeny really small ants. Not a lot of them.

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2020, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Iddy biddy teeny weeny really small ants. Not a lot of them.

Sometimes when I am studying the floor tile in the bathroom I see the smallest of tiny ants walking around like he/she is lost or drunk. We have called the pest control but I always worry about the kitties when they leave little baits around.

Anybody have them? You have to look hard to see them.

In Ohio we call them Pith anth.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

We had ghost ants. They are very tiny and when you go to kill them they disappear. They were usually in a swarm. We did have Deans get rid of them with traps. I am sure someone knows a natural remedy.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

we had them years ago. Massey took care of it. no problems in 5+ years.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

I have used a drop of Terro on several small squares of paper, and it takes care of them in a day. The ants eat the Terro and then they leave and don't come back. Maybe you could keep the kitties out of the bathroom for a day of so.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Ghost ants. If more than one they usually trail a distinct path to or from their source.

We had them several years ago and Massey wiped them out.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:21 PM
Platinum member

Crazy or ghost ants. Terro or the max force bait traps, sometimes sold as combat. Looking for food or getting away from wet outside.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,010 Posts

yes, this year there seems to be an outbreak of them. not only do i find the occasional 1 in the bathroom, (acting drunk like you said) but we had what seemed like an invasion of them in the front lanai, & a hole in the caulk brought them inside. in the past i've used full strength peppermint oil, but needed more deadly this time. i super cleaned, vacuumed, then sprayed the outside with ortho home defense. 1 application took care of it--very good stuff, but try not to use it that often so it doesn't kill off wildlife.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sometimes when I am studying the floor tile in the bathroom I see the smallest of tiny ants walking around like he/she is lost or drunk. We have called the pest control but I always worry about the kitties when they leave little baits around.

I thought pith anth were people! I’m sure I recall President Johnson calling people that. But it makes sense that you would have them in your bathroom.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

NYS here. Same name, same little bugger ants. Had them on kitchen counter next to stove, baseboards, and never alone in the bathroom. First you see them, then you don't. Had exterminator in, I believe he used boric acid compound, something like that, sprayed around affected areas, and did some spraying outside of house around the foundation. Now are gone. I hope.........
Old 10-14-2020, 05:35 AM

We had them in our kitchen just recently. We have Dean's Services. They sprayed and left traps. No more ants. Dean's called them 'Moisture Ants' and said they are attracted to sugar (sweet) items.

Prior to Dean's application, I applied Vinger on the border of the kitchen counters. That seemed to work to keep them off that area.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:46 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

Thanks, Graciegirl.....I left you a similar message yesterday.

I definitely have "ghost ants" and I have tried several ways to inseminate them. I have sprayed...several times....Home Defense around the baseboards and under each sink where I have piping leading into the house, and have place TERRO Ant Killer on little pieces of cardboard in various locations where I have seen them. I have also laid an 8-foot barrier of granular pesticide around the outside of my house. They seem attracted by water and paper.....I find them in my crossword puzzle book and around my morning paper.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:53 AM
Default Ants ....................

Check your gutters and clean them out. Sometimes they get up into the gutters to eat what is there and then come down thru the walls. They actually can eat the caulking and you can watch them do that. They follow their own path to get back to wherever they came from. If you find are digging around outside and find their nest by them crawling on you, they bite and it is awful.....painful and itchy bite marks that last a while from their formic acid. The liquid ant traps work. You can also leave some sugar outside in a place to attract them and then set the bait to kill them off there .....outside your home.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:34 AM

Pith? We called them **** ants. Massey came by yesterday, they put pet friendly treatment under appliances snd in cabinets under sinks etc.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Ghost Ants is the real name, they will put baits all around, but when it rains you will see them. Just put the baits where the kitties won’t go, behind furniture, or behind stuff in counters, they are attracted to water, and to electrical appliances don’t forget the garage either. They will find a way to enter your house, so nothing will stop them, they will ingest the bait and take to their nest and all will be dead, but don’t fret, generation 2 will follow.
If you don’t have a bug service, get “Terro” ant bite sold at Lowe’s, Publix, Winn Dixie and other outlets. Once the baits are down ants will disappear in about 2 weeks, baits are good for 90 days.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=Grill Meister;1847075]Thanks, Graciegirl.....I left you a similar message yesterday.

I definitely have "ghost ants" and I have tried several ways to inseminate them.

I think your auto correct changed what you wanted to say. I think you meant to ELIMINATE the ghost ants, not INSEMINATE them. Totally changes the meaning. But it might be interesting trying to inseminate something so very tiny.
Closed Thread

Tags
ants, worry, control, pest, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.