Garage door opening by what

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Veteran member
Default Romac doesnt make garage door openers, they are a supply company for Garage openers

I've seen several posts referring to "Ro-mac" MVP garage door openers and Romac isn't the manufacture of the opener, Romac is the local installer or supplier used by The Villages. Romac has put a decal on the AllStar MVP opener installed in most new homes and it looks like its a ROMAC MVP opener. If you look closely at the decal you will see it indicates Ro-mac Lumber and supply company (I think its misleading).

BTW I had a lightning strike that took out my MVP Opener and called ROMAC (THinking they were the manufacture ) and they installed a Linear opener since they no longer carry MVP.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

It's not a bid deal just re-program or have it re-programed, if it's a new house warranty will take care of it. How many people reading this have had anything stolen from their garage?
Old 08-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It's not a bid deal just re-program or have it re-programed, if it's a new house warranty will take care of it. How many people reading this have had anything stolen from their garage?
It’s not the stolen aspect it’s community watch calling you at 3am to say your garage door is open, or better yet the 4 foot snake stopping by to say
Old 08-05-2019, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
I don't understand why anyone would not change the garage door code when they purchase their home.
Some people just don’t know.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Just remember some who buy here are not tech savvy, and are still using flip phones. So changing a code on garage door is not going to happen.
What???? I still got land line, record player, cassette tapes, cam recorder, and VHS tapes............and if the carburetor hadn’t gone bad my ford fairlane wouldn’t be up on blocks.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:01 PM

Had both openers replaced last Friday with Lift Master WiFi units and battery back up.

Very nice openers, gave the Romac away.
Closed Thread

Tags
openers, villages, codes, garage, door

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.