The "garage house" in Tall Trees

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2019, 01:24 PM

It is a matter of fairness in administrative procedures. Separate or ex parte communications are those outside of the formal proceeding without all interested parties present, and thus can unfairly prejudice the proceeding. This is standard in most administrative proceedings.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The unmentionable online newspaper has a view of the finished monster garage which ARC has allowed to be built in Tall Trees.

I have no dog in this fight. I do not live in Tall Trees. I never ever have a need to go through there, but oh my goodness how on earth did the owner get the ARC to give permission for this monstrosity to be built on the end of his existing home and garage. They have opened a Pandora's box for sure! I hope, for their neighborhood's sake, that the landscaping will be sufficient to hide most of this monster.

I am somewhat surprised that the neighbors have not resorted to legal action.
What the hell does it matter to anyone? It certainly looks better than some of the 2nd floor additions that have popped up in TV. It’s their money, let them spend it.

BTW, as of Monday, 7/1, people in TV will be able to grow gardens in their front yards; I bet that will cause you worry warts who want to stick your noses in everyone else’s business to really blow a gasket.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:54 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
What the hell does it matter to anyone? It certainly looks better than some of the 2nd floor additions that have popped up in TV. It’s their money, let them spend it.

BTW, as of Monday, 7/1, people in TV will be able to grow gardens in their front yards; I bet that will cause you worry warts who want to stick your noses in everyone else’s business to really blow a gasket.
Is it too late to plant corn?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-30-2019, 10:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

For what it's worth, I drove by the subject house this morning, basically unremarkable in real life and it meets all CDD/ARC standards. The pictures posted on the other website taken to intentionally distort the appearance.

To me what I found humorous is the rest of the homes on Five Forks, there were at least a dozen (I just stopped counting when I started laughing) homes with deed compliance violation - lawn ornaments (you name the type, they're there), rock and flower beds overgrown with weeds, grass uncut and above the height limits, etc. The home with the garage was well kept and in compliance.

So we have residents that refuse to comply with their own deed restrictions complaining about a resident's home that the homeowner with through the required process to be in compliance.

Where are the troll with their clipboards when you need them...
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 06-30-2019, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Very helpful description, and GoldwingNut, and Manaboutown you are so funny.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
For what it's worth, I drove by the subject house this morning, basically unremarkable in real life and it meets all CDD/ARC standards. The pictures posted on the other website taken to intentionally distort the appearance.

To me what I found humorous is the rest of the homes on Five Forks, there were at least a dozen (I just stopped counting when I started laughing) homes with deed compliance violation - lawn ornaments (you name the type, they're there), rock and flower beds overgrown with weeds, grass uncut and above the height limits, etc. The home with the garage was well kept and in compliance.

So we have residents that refuse to comply with their own deed restrictions complaining about a resident's home that the homeowner with through the required process to be in compliance.

Well said. It’s just the typical crybaby trolls with nothing else to do with their miserable “nothing else to do with their life” lives. Police yourselves before you act like the “deed compliance police” against others.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:56 PM

More tax money. I'm sure he has a good reason.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

The more this thread goes on, the more jealous I have become of the owners of the garage in question!
Old 06-30-2019, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
There is room there for a neighborhood party when it’s raining.
Indoor pickleball court
Old 06-30-2019, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Is it too late to plant corn?
No room, yard full of garages
Old 07-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Default No dog in this hunt.....but!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
What is the motivation behind badgering the owner of this home? It certainly can't be the looks of the house. The only thing that could make it perfect IMHO is if the Garage Doors were Three Then Two Then One from the front door to the corner on the right. Once this house has the landscaping completed it will be a SuperStar in a Fantastic Neighborhood. It didn't bring down the value of anyone's home. In fact, it probably will raise the neighboring homes a bit. I saw some other "things" going on in the same neighborhood and those things had a Permit Box Out Front. So its' time to clam up about those other projects because they have been approved. It's time to let this OWNER enjoy his home in Peace and Quiet! Get a Life. Go find someone with a White Cross! (Joking).
I greatly look forward to becoming a resident of TV within the next few years and I really appreciate TOTV as an easy and free way to meet lots of potential future neighbors ahead of time. As a person who has been a Realtor in the past and am still involved in the world of real estate in a different way I can see both sides of this issue on the so-called garage house. If I had to pick a perspective I would agree with Nucky. I don’t think this house with the huge garage will negatively effect anybody’s property value. I would say that from what I understand about the rules governing the exterior of homes in TV is that the rules are for the most part extremely strict and far more restrictive than the list of covenants (deed restrictions) for most subdivisions outside TV. Your property values in TV are certainly quite secure! Now if a flood of criminally minded kids like the one who was recently arrested for stealing a golf bag and clubs out of a parked golf cart at Mallory Hill Country Club in TV begin moving back in with their parents in TV like this one did that’s a whole different matter!!!

Last edited by Fishers2tall; 07-04-2019 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Just thought this change was needed.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post

It's everyone's right to ask questions about construction in their neighborhoods. On thefirst day when a polite request was made to look at the garage plan an employee from Community Standards asked why? She then proceeded to state that if "you have a problem with this plan maybe the owner doesn't like your house either. Is this the way that residents should be treated? For the record she knows who she is and paid to be at EVERY ARC meeting and comments regularly.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The unmentionable online newspaper has a view of the finished monster garage which ARC has allowed to be built in Tall Trees.

I have no dog in this fight. I do not live in Tall Trees. I never ever have a need to go through there, but oh my goodness how on earth did the owner get the ARC to give permission for this monstrosity to be built on the end of his existing home and garage. They have opened a Pandora's box for sure! I hope, for their neighborhood's sake, that the landscaping will be sufficient to hide most of this monster.

I am somewhat surprised that the neighbors have not resorted to legal action.
If it weren't for the interest of the concerned neighbors and the attention on it theproject may have looked completely different. Citizen activism (even in light of notable 2nd floor Community Standard VIP antagonism) prevailed.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
I do agree. From the beginning I have thought, "what's the big deal?" I wish I could create more space.
Tell that to the hundreds of people requesting a 3 foot width expansion to their driveway. Consistent rulings would be appreciated.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmp555 View Post
Tell that to the hundreds of people requesting a 3 foot width expansion to their driveway. Consistent rulings would be appreciated.
I like context and common sense in the application of rules. See no big deal with this house as almost no one but the neighbors and the yard people see it. It is in a very out of the way spot in Tall Trees.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, trees, tall, arc, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.