The "garage house" in Tall Trees

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeint View Post
I bet they have white crosses out front too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Religious freedoms should be defended and protected. Deed restrictions do involve protection in regard to conformity. It is a project that was completed and all neighbors are moving forward. However being challenged by staff from Day 1 did little to help the situation.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmp555 View Post
Religious freedoms should be defended and protected. Deed restrictions do involve protection in regard to conformity. It is a project that was completed and all neighbors are moving forward. However being challenged by staff from Day 1 did little to help the situation.
Correct. Religious Freedom has to do with the practicing of ones religion not the display of ones religious symbols whatever they may be. I believe many folks are conflating religious freedom with deed restriction limitations that one agrees to when buying a home in a deed restricted community.

Freedom Of Religion | Definition of Freedom Of Religion by Merriam-Webster
Old 08-17-2019, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

157 posts on an ARC approved addition. Many have only viewed poorly taken photos, not seen the home in person.
So far I have not seen anyone who is living within site of the HOME posting, how it has consumed their lifestyle.

Some realize once moved in a Bigger Garage would be a blessing. ARC approval is a done deal.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

If ARC approved it, what's the big deal? They are the people who are in the best position to judge what is architecturally in the best interests of the Villages. I think it looks fine.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
157 posts on an ARC approved addition. Many have only viewed poorly taken photos, not seen the home in person.
So far I have not seen anyone who is living within site of the HOME posting, how it has consumed their lifestyle.

Some realize once moved in a Bigger Garage would be a blessing. ARC approval is a done deal.
I drove by. It is a nice looking addition. But it is in a very out of the way section of Tall Trees that you would not visit without a reason. It would even be hard to get to if you got lost in Tall Trees which I have in the past.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage

I find it interesting that nobody said a word about the 5 car garage behind #5 fairway of Bonita Pass. !-car plus a 2- story 2-car with lifts that hold 2 elevated for storage.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The garage addition is approved by ARC and is already built. Folks are “beating a dead horse”. Another way to put it “BOY howdy” it’s a done deal. I seriously think landscaping will make a difference just as landscaping makes an improvement to any property.
Adjacent property ownerswere concerned about drainage issues. The Deed restrictions discuss the protection of aesthetic conformity within TV districts. This, not to mention the daily policy changes any applicant experiences were determining factories in the debate. Yes it is over and things are resolved but the ongoing concern remains as the standards at ARC and board of supervisors face challenges to the anonymous reporting system, inconsistent rulings and protections of religious freedom.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Methinks you are still banging your drum, when the band has long gone home.
The gentleman concerned, applied for relevant permission.
It was granted.
He built.
It's there.
End of!
You bloody well are entitled to your opinion mate. TV will only be improved upon in every way by the exercise of respectful free speech. The protections of our deed restrictions and issues lately are worth the fallout from the hierarchy bent on protecting some status quo. We all love TV but also acknowledge some changes may make it even better.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I drove by. It is a nice looking addition. But it is in a very out of the way section of Tall Trees that you would not visit without a reason. It would even be hard to get to if you got lost in Tall Trees which I have in the past.
We attended an event near the Home. At the time had no idea it was the house, better yet the home in question, was not in any conversation with over 30 people attending. I agree with you. As in any additional space added in TV, it was well done.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Adjacent property ownerswere concerned about drainage issues. The Deed restrictions discuss the protection of aesthetic conformity within TV districts. This, not to mention the daily policy changes any applicant experiences were determining factories in the debate. Yes it is over and things are resolved but the ongoing concern remains as the standards at ARC and board of supervisors face challenges to the anonymous reporting system, inconsistent rulings and protections of religious freedom.
Drainage issues are to be addressed by a construction permit, not ARC.

The things that you mention are not challenges to anyone or anything. They are simply grumbings of those who don't want to follow the deed restrictions.

Last edited by Marathon Man; 08-17-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
You bloody well are entitled to your opinion mate. TV will only be improved upon in every way by the exercise of respectful free speech. The protections of our deed restrictions and issues lately are worth the fallout from the hierarchy bent on protecting some status quo. We all love TV but also acknowledge some changes may make it even better.
At least my ' bloody' opinion is also the opinion of the authority who granted permission for the extension.
Yours is a frustrated response to having your personal opinion denied.
Your deed restrictions were fully upheld, when the person applied for, and was granted permission for the addition.
As for free speech. where has it been denied or repressed?
Put your drum away until needed for your next lost cause.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Would a storage unit be another option? Of course work on any vehicles is not allowed inside or outside by FL state fire and safety codes.

According to Florida State Codes, what is considered to be "work?"

BTW -- I didn't say he worked on his cars; I simply said they were his hobby.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:50 PM

I seriously doubt there is any Florida law which would prevent me from working on my own vehicle in my own garage.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:06 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Now how many men in TV would love to have a large multi vehicle garage? Ok, you can put your hands down now. The structure is beautiful, in compliance with deed restrictions and approved.

It seems to me that envy and resentment are being displayed as in if I can’t have one he shouldn’t get one. Whining!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, trees, tall, arc, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.