The "garage house" in Tall Trees

The "garage house" in Tall Trees

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-22-2019, 12:01 PM
Veteran member

I am really curious what they are going to do with monster garage? Beside upsetting the neighbors.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:12 PM

I bet they have white crosses out front too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2019, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Aha, you’re thinking they are going to hold services in the garage?
Didn’t know what the white crosses in TV represented before I thought something was buried in the ground a pet etc. But I think it is simply a Christian symbol, much better than what we have up north in some neighborhoods. For example, a huge statue of some Christian saint with a couple of blue life size Smurfs beside it for the kids. Roses with sunflowers planted side by side.... What’s a little white cross in comparison....

Last edited by Velvet; 06-22-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I think it looks fine. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:48 PM

Met this gentleman in a restaurant a few months ago and he`s always been into cars and talked about them with much enthusiasm. Now he has a place for them. Did this legally so good for him. He seemed like a very nice person.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I am really curious what they are going to do with monster garage? Beside upsetting the neighbors.
Maybe he restores classic vehicles or runs a golf cart dealership from his home. It looks better than the home that had a 2nd story added by my sister's house in Gilchrist.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

Up north we have for the 2 of us; 5 motorcycles, one is a large touring bike, that bike alone takes up the space of half a car. Plus 2 scooters in our garage, and a parts scooter. That is besides 2 cars. What would be really nice is to have a garage like a friend of ours who fixes them. He has white cloth under the bikes even when he changes the oil, everything is so clean you could eat off the floor. Only one of our bikes is coming to TV (I hope). But since hubby let me buy a home here I have to make him happy too. As far as the monster garage goes, as bad as it looks, I can easily see lots of uses for such a large garage.

Last edited by Velvet; 06-22-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Actually think it looks ok....I bet there are a lot of folks that wish they had the extra room. As long as they are within the setbacks and aren't infringing on others property enhancing how one lives is up to us. If it's legal, it's legal. I also have no dog in this hunt, I just don't understand the issue unless it's envy.
Thank you for changing it from "no dog in this fight" to "no dog in this hunt". Dogfighting is a felony.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 06-22-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

No - it does not look ok, in my opinion it does not fit into the neighborhood. I say this even if I am envious of all the space this garage represents. I’d rather have the goodwill of my neighbors myself, just sayin.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:15 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

No guy ever said that their garage was too big. Storage space is a premium here....and I am sure that this has increased the value of his home quite a bit.

In the Preserve the Villages is starting to build attached RV garages. In other nearby communities these are becoming very popular. Now those are big garages.

I have also seen additions that have been 2 story garages with car lifts in them so you could drive a car under a car. These lifts have gotten to be inexpensive so if you have the space/height they are quite desirable.

In my previous community just outside The Villages, I designed and built myself a second attached garage...the only one in the neighborhood. It was proportioned well and fit nicely on the lot. I never heard even one negative comment. Since I did all the work myself, it cost me about 10-12k to do it. I sold that home for well over 50,000 more than any other home in the neighborhood, largely because of that extra garage space.

I understand everyone's feelings on this....on one hand you do not want every home to look exactly alike, and you also do not want an eyesore. I personally think this is well within those extremes.

Frank

Tags
garage, trees, tall, arc, built