The "garage house" in Tall Trees

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2019, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Like @Jazuela stated, the photo really seems to be "stretching" it a bit (pun intended). You can make lots of things look bigger than they are with the right (or wrong) angle on the photo.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Personally, I think it's ugly and the garage addition is way out of proportion to the house and way out of proportion to the neighborhood. If I were on the ARC I would never approve that. But they did, so it stays.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We were just out but not wondering around aimlessly this time we were on the hunt for this "Garage" house. Well, we had an assist from one of our NOTHING thread Brothers who is also our Counselor while we were on the hunt. You have to try hard to see it so it won't be traumatizing many Villagers.

I have a picture on my phone that is approximately equal to the one that is posted online. Without meaning to be disrespectful to anyone with the opposite view from mine I would just like to know how long you will be visiting earth? The pictures in no way represent the reality of seeing it in person.

What is the motivation behind badgering the owner of this home? It certainly can't be the looks of the house. The only thing that could make it perfect IMHO is if the Garage Doors were Three Then Two Then One from the front door to the corner on the right. Once this house has the landscaping completed it will be a SuperStar in a Fantastic Neighborhood. It didn't bring down the value of anyone's home. In fact, it probably will raise the neighboring homes a bit. I saw some other "things" going on in the same neighborhood and those things had a Permit Box Out Front. So its' time to clam up about those other projects because they have been approved. It's time to let this OWNER enjoy his home in Peace and Quiet! Get a Life. Go find someone with a White Cross! (Joking).
Old 06-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,241 Posts

That's my kind of neighbor, probably has nice tools to borrow :-) As others have said, to each his own.

Last edited by Altavia; 06-22-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,241 Posts

Here's one in my current neighborhood (not The Villages). Intended for an RV or stacking vehicles on a lift as mentioned previously.

I thought it was a Fire Station when first moved in.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	DB53BE48-3C4F-4853-A48B-AB97D64C0831.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	79968  

Last edited by Altavia; 06-22-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I wonder if the ARC would approve a house like this? It was near where I once lived in Pittsford, NY. Mushroom House

Or this. Nob Hill house makes 'Strangest Roadside Attraction' list

True story. Captain Kirk (William Shatner) was in ABQ in a cab on his way to the airport, spied the house, stopped the cab and went and rang the doorbell. When the architect-owner, Bart Prince, responded through the intercom Shatner said “Beam me up Scotty.” Prince recognized the voice, invited Shatner up and they had a nice visit.

Now from what I have read the owner of the garage house owns a couple other houses in TV. He surely is an interesting person. I wonder what kind of fun toys he will put into his garage.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-22-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I wonder if the ARC would approve a house like this? Mushroom House
I went on a tour of this house and it was beyond belief.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
We were just out but not wondering around aimlessly this time we were on the hunt for this "Garage" house. Well, we had an assist from one of our NOTHING thread Brothers who is also our Counselor while we were on the hunt. You have to try hard to see it so it won't be traumatizing many Villagers.

I have a picture on my phone that is approximately equal to the one that is posted online. Without meaning to be disrespectful to anyone with the opposite view from mine I would just like to know how long you will be visiting earth? The pictures in no way represent the reality of seeing it in person.

What is the motivation behind badgering the owner of this home? It certainly can't be the looks of the house. The only thing that could make it perfect IMHO is if the Garage Doors were Three Then Two Then One from the front door to the corner on the right. Once this house has the landscaping completed it will be a SuperStar in a Fantastic Neighborhood. It didn't bring down the value of anyone's home. In fact, it probably will raise the neighboring homes a bit. I saw some other "things" going on in the same neighborhood and those things had a Permit Box Out Front. So its' time to clam up about those other projects because they have been approved. It's time to let this OWNER enjoy his home in Peace and Quiet! Get a Life. Go find someone with a White Cross! (Joking).
Good detective work Nucky. Spot on!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2019, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

Maybe in the new area there could be a special section, called Garage St and have all the people who love large garages and lots of toys, all live there.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Good detective work Nucky. Spot on!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Chi. I love our entire Community. I have a healthy interest in some of the things I read about on TOTV'S. I would Stand On My Head and Spit Chicklets to have a Home like that again. But then I remember I have a hard time keeping up with what we have and become grateful for what we have.

The guy with the Porch in Country Club Hills is my next destination ASAP. I may have seen it already and if its the one I'm thinking of it is an improvement, not a drawback. Maybe the man made a mistake with the paperwork but don't execute him for it. Work it out. Compromise is Possible. Clark Kent & Lois Lane over and out!
Old 06-22-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If that house in Tall Trees offends you, then don't go to the Village of Pinellas, especially the street of Isleworth Circle. One house has a 9 car garage, the others have 3 to 5 car garages. The only photo I could find of Isleworth Circle was a home with a 5 car garage. Those on the southside might remember it was hit by lighting and burned down in 2013 and smoke could be seen for miles. They rebuilt the home, here is a photo right after the lightning strike, you can see part of the garages. From what I've heard, they have every toy in the garage, SUV's, boat, jet skis, ATV's, motorcycles and he had air tanks in the ceiling so he could just pull down a hose and inflate the tires of any vehicle while it was in the garage.

The Villages Florida

I was a neighbor down the street from this house.
No, they didn't have every toy in the garage but what they did have was an old truck and cars. That was the owner's hobby.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Thanks Chi. I love our entire Community. I have a healthy interest in some of the things I read about on TOTV'S. I would Stand On My Head and Spit Chicklets to have a Home like that again. But then I remember I have a hard time keeping up with what we have and become grateful for what we have.

The guy with the Porch in Country Club Hills is my next destination ASAP. I may have seen it already and if its the one I'm thinking of it is an improvement, not a drawback. Maybe the man made a mistake with the paperwork but don't execute him for it. Work it out. Compromise is Possible. Clark Kent & Lois Lane over and out!
What truly bothered me was a short time ago disabled vet could not widen his driveway a foot or two on each side in an aesthetically pleasing manner so he could get in and out of his vehicle with his prosthetic leg. Yet this is approved. Inconsistency? Yes indeed.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-22-2019, 11:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
What truly bothered me was a short time ago disabled vet could not widen his driveway a foot or two on each side in an aesthetically pleasing manner so he could get in and out of his vehicle with his prosthetic leg. Yet this is approved. Inconsistency? Yes indeed.
It seems that one needs to know whose palms to grease...or butt(s) to kiss.

While there are a lot of Tony Soprano wannabe's around here, some have real power (like being on the ARC)...and some just flap their lips.

I agree that not allowing a disabled vet to ease his mobility, by widening a driveway by a couple of feet...is unconscionable.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Post Consideration

I am not concerned about the very specific complaints but rather (1) Does it meet the "Intent" of the rules on buildings in the villages and (2) if not how did it slip by the Review Controls and (3) what impact will this have on future buildings? These should be under study and where appropriate the restrictions better defined and better enforced. In Stuart Florida a builder actually built a complex of multiple condo's, rented some and sold some. Long after they were built and rented and sold a Judge stepped in and ruled they were not in compliance with approval requirements and ruled they must be torn down and they were. That is what is needed if rules are ignored and blatantly violated.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
I agree the gentleman should be allowed the wider driveway, and what he has had done is in keeping with the area.
The difference between the two cases was, the garage man obtained relevant permission before building, but the driveway widening was completed without consent, and when one of his charming neighbors complained, he was instructed to remove it.
That decision is another debate.
Moral of story is, get the permission first, and after completion, you can give the moaners any sign you like!
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, trees, tall, arc, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.