Garbage Collection in Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2018, 04:27 AM
Default Garbage Collection in Fenney

We'll be closing on our new house in Fenney on May 10.

How do I arrange garbage collection? Who do I call and do they provide containers for trash?
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 03-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post

How do I arrange garbage collection? Who do I call and do they provide containers for trash?
You will receive information on days trash pickup, cost is included in your monthly water/sewer/ amenity/trash. Trash comes no matter if you are at the house or not
Old 03-24-2018, 05:17 AM

Thanks!
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 03-24-2018, 05:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Thanks!
Your welcome there usually two different trash days, a recycling day, and a number to call for big items, washers grills and such. It is going to be an exciting time for you. We do love the area. Congrats
Old 03-24-2018, 06:59 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

No need to call. They are here on Tuesdays and Fridays just put your trash out. They do not supply containers and so far do not do re-cycle, everything get's tossed into one truck no matter what type of bags or boxes you have out and no maximum number of bags or boxes. Welcome to Fenney, be sure to join Fenney Friends, the resident website, lots of information and a great way to meet a lot of people, just click on and sign up.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

And don't buy containers. They are not allowed. In fact, we were told if you put your garbage out in a container, they will take the container as well. They should let you know this at closing.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:

Sanitation Information
Old 03-24-2018, 08:05 AM
Thumbs up It's Easy !!!

Adding to what Vintageogauge stated the closing department contacts the company for you. During the closing you will be given a sheet that shows all the utility company's information that include what days for sanitation pickup. Just remember, the closing department will call and begin the pickups. Put your trash at the end of your driveway by 7:00 AM and it will be picked up. EAZY PEAZY ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
No need to call. They are here on Tuesdays and Fridays just put your trash out. They do not supply containers and so far do not do re-cycle, everything get's tossed into one truck no matter what type of bags or boxes you have out and no maximum number of bags or boxes. Welcome to Fenney, be sure to join Fenney Friends, the resident website, lots of information and a great way to meet a lot of people, just click on and sign up.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:03 PM

When we moved in in November, we were so surprised they collected EVERYTHING! We had a large number of boxes, packing material and such.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Put your trash at the end of your driveway by 7:00 AM and it will be picked up. EAZY PEAZY ....
Not so EAZY if you live in a new area.

After we moved into our new house is Osceola Hills, the trash people would not drive past our house, so I had to put the trash in our car and drive around to find the trash truck. This happened occasionally for several weeks.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Default Not Talking about Osceola Hills !!!!

We are not talking about Osceola Hills. We are discussing FENNEY !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Not so EAZY if you live in a new area.

After we moved into our new house is Osceola Hills, the trash people would not drive past our house, so I had to put the trash in our car and drive around to find the trash truck. This happened occasionally for several weeks.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:30 PM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

I understand there are 2 different days for trash. Am I to understand there is NO recycling specific requirements? Everything gets thrown in together??
This will be difficult for us since we've been recycling/seperating items since the '90's
Old 03-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&b1216 View Post
I understand there are 2 different days for trash. Am I to understand there is NO recycling specific requirements? Everything gets thrown in together??
This will be difficult for us since we've been recycling/separating items since the '90's
No, you separate recycle items in a clear bag and put it out for the once-a-week collection. Go to message #7 and click on the link. You can call your sanitation company and request info about recycling.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:50 PM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

Thanks. I thought somewhere I heard/read there wasn't recycling in Fenney yet.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
No, you separate recycle items in a clear bag and put it out for the once-a-week collection. Go to message #7 and click on the link. You can call your sanitation company and request info about recycling.
You wil notice in the frequently asked questions for service south of 44 there is no mention of clear bags for recycle items. At this point they do not have pickup of recycle items, everything is tossed into the same garbage truck. If you want to recycle you will have to take it to a drop off point somewhere until they begin to pick it up down here.
Closed Thread

Tags
garbage, fenney, collection, call, containers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.