Gas or Electric Carts

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Gas or Electric Carts

???
Where are you guys buying these one point battery refill systems nearby the Villages?

Handie :joke:
Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Bought my single point fill system on line here:
http://janwp.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc..._Code=BWS_GOLF
Very happy with it, quality is excellent.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Veteran member

I wish some of you folks would get the solar panels on your electric golf carts. Then you can tell me how they are. Selfish request you say? : Yup!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:13 PM

bestmickey - go browse thru some of my earlier posts.. I made some reference to a company website that sold solar powered hybrid GC's... (I lost the website name)..
Old 09-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Electric is really the best choice no matter how you cut it.

Watch out for the sale pitches.

Enjoy Liberty Park.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM

What kind of cart: Club Car, E Z Go, Yamaha is the favored one. I too am leaning toward an electric. I like the Club Car Precedent or Yamaha Drive What do you think. Also how many have bought carts from The Villages golf cars. I tried to get them to work with me on price as I found a new yamaha for $1,000 less. they asked me who was going to Service it. I guessed they would since they are a Yamaha dealer. What is the concensus?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

We bought gas because it runs longer on a couple of gallons of gas; doesn't need to be plugged in to charge; we always make it home when we take a trip around the villages! I don't care for electric even though they are quieter than most gas carts. To each his own but for us, gas has worked great!!!!! We have never needed someone to help us get home because of a "low charge". :-*
Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 PM

How many have you observed needing help to get home because of a low charge? What kind of gas car do you have?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Veteran member

I just know how to drive it, sorry.!!!!!!! We bought it at the Villages Golf Carts and all I did was pick the colors, Joe decided which vehicle. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I personally am partial to Club Car (electric), I have 2 of them and have had no problems. If you look in the paper you'll find people just outside TV with some good prices. As far as service there are plenty of private individuals in TV that can do it for half the price.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:13 PM

Golfnut I have looked a Club Cars here in Birmingham I really like the precedent. The dealer here had a 2005 that was priced reasonable. Problem is getting it to home in TV. I liked it cause it was 48V using only 4 12 volt batteries. Less weight.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I know a lot of people who love their Precedent, 2005 was the first year I think, they had some issues with the early one's, may want to make sure they fixed any issues if you buy and haul.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama
What kind of cart: Club Car, E Z Go, Yamaha is the favored one. I too am leaning toward an electric. I like the Club Car Precedent or Yamaha Drive What do you think. Also how many have bought carts from The Villages golf cars. I tried to get them to work with me on price as I found a new yamaha for $1,000 less. they asked me who was going to Service it. I guessed they would since they are a Yamaha dealer. What is the concensus?
Bama,,,when the Yamaha salesperson asked you who was going to service the discounted golf cart it was a veiled threat, meaning, "if you don't buy it here we may not service it."

Don't be intimidated, I think you are correct,,as they are the dealer for Yamaha they have an obligation to service it.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Frank2 I told him that I guessed he would since he was a yamaha dealer. I thought about contacting Yamaha to see how they felt.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:17 PM

Just purchased and settle on Sept 10th in Hadley Village so I am going to be kind of in the middle of Sumter landing the new town square yet to be built and around Havana CC. So after visiting the villages cart store got the impression from the sales people that an electric cart would do the job, a gas cart would ensure coverage of all the areas where the electric cart would not.

So I walked around and saw a new Yamaha with the larger wheels and the extra gear for higher speeds. So I tested both the electric which had the regular wheels and the gas Yamaha.

Man did I feel a difference. No herky jerky like some have mentioned and the gas was such a more comfortable ride. Now I know the wheels had something to do with that, but it had more speed as well.

Now the wife loves to play at Chula Vista & Mira Mesa, and others in that area. With a gas cart I will not need to charge it overnight daily and make a weekly check up since we will only be around during the winter months anyway.

I would just take my trickle charger down plug it into a timer and keep the charge up for about a half hour each day. Then upon return have them service the vehicle each start of winter.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.