noise

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Default noise

which village has the least noise? Then which village likes the noise?

Then which village is in the real world? Middle of the road? I am playing around.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:12 AM
Default Re: noise

Do not come to out neighborhood the day after the driveway Chili party!!!!! The noise is deafening since all the champion pooters are outside. And Piedmont is definitely middle of the road. We talk in the middle of the road, walk the dogs in the middle of the road, drive in the middle of the road and at all costs we avoid those new yellow lines on the golf cart paths so we stay in the middle there too.

Any more thought provoking questions....this one brain cell is really fired up now LOL.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:39 AM

;D Now we know there's NO gas shortage and plenty of HOT air in the Villages :joke: Where would a quiet nature lover find refuge? (And fresh air!) ;D
Old 07-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Nothing about the Villages is like the "real world" you currently know. People here know how to enjoy themselves but know how to relax as well. If you want real QUIET, buy a courtyard villa. They have high stucco walls and keep any possible noise out. Personally, I never hear any noise except for the occasional and beautiful sound of the railroad near here when the trains come through and blow the whistle. I love that sound.

As for parties in the street, they do happen but happen in the daytime and are wonderful fun and a way to meet and get to know neighbors.

You need to chill and prepare for life as you may never have known it. Some call TV Disney for adults. I don't know, I just call it wonderful and a great way to spend the rest of my life.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Sage

Actually, this is one of the quietest places to live I could imagine. When I sit out on my lanai early in the morning, I can faintly hear the pickleball courts from a half mile away. I heard a rooster crowing somewhere in the distance this morning. I also hear the faint train whistle in the distance.

In the evening it is so peaceful and quiet outside. Very little white noise in the air. And, the people noise (parties, lanai chatter) is minimal.

But, that said, any neighborhood could have a different personality. I know TalkHost lives much closer to the train tracks and the noise there is greater. So, check it out and ask the neighbors before you buy somewhere.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Thanks so much! Enjoyed all your responses. Having been a railroaders wife for over 30 years we would probably not want to hear a train whistle. He will want no reminders but a really faint whistle!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:35 PM

I think when you visit TV you will find the individual villages and neighborhoods to be very quiet and peaceful. The activity is going on in Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing. Your neighborhood recreation centers have activity but even then it is usually indoors and quiet. I live just down the street from a neighborhood rec center that has a family pool and I can hear the kids playing when it gets crowded and sometimes I can hear the pickelballs being hit at the courts. Other than those two activities it is very, very quiet.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.