gas golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Location: marion ma, augsburg germany ,ft carson, colorado, mexico maine , next stop the villages
Default gas golf carts

is anyone using a utv/atv as a gas cart within the villages ? like a polaris razr or arctic cat type 4 wheeler or multi passenger utv
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Default UTV/ATVs in The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn prescott View Post
is anyone using a utv/atv as a gas cart within the villages ? like a polaris razr or arctic cat type 4 wheeler or multi passenger utv
We have a 48 volt Bulldog from Home Depot. We like all of the safety features such as 3-point seatbelts etc. It's great for what we use it for, such as going to the grocery store, bank and the squares but it wouldn't be something I would use for golfing. (Not nearly as manuverable as the turning radius is much larger.) I must say though, you can't beat the price for what you get. Oh, the gas Bulldogs were too loud for us.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Location: marion ma, augsburg germany ,ft carson, colorado, mexico maine , next stop the villages

thank you ! I currently have a gas utv and I want to bring it with me and put road tires on it for use within the villages but be able to change tires for when I come north for my icefishing trips( still in preplanning stages) , My parents just bought a gas cart yesterday they had a electric cart couldnt get around the entire villages without running to low for comfort on batteries with the new squares opening
Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

If these carts are street legal you'll be ok.
If not, I can see a problem as the Polaris Razr's width is 64 in.
My Yamaha Drive is 47.2 in. When driving over the bridge at Sumter Landing it's a close call every time I meet a cart coming from the opposite direction as well as the cart bridge over 27/441.
I also doubt the starters on the golf courses would let you use this kind of cart.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
If these carts are street legal you'll be ok.
If not, I can see a problem as the Polaris Razr's width is 64 in.
My Yamaha Drive is 47.2 in. When driving over the bridge at Sumter Landing it's a close call every time I meet a cart coming from the opposite direction as well as the cart bridge over 27/441.
I also doubt the starters on the golf courses would let you use this kind of cart.

Street legal is the key. The Villages a designated golf cart community. A golf cart in Florida is clearly defined as not capable of speeds in excess of 20MPH. If the vehicles in question do not meet that definition then their legality is questionable. I am not familiar with the vehicles in question but they may qualify as an LSV which requires registration the same as an automobile.

The Florida Department of Motor Vehicles would be best source of information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.