Beer after Golf good for you!!; vindication of The Villages lifestyle.

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion
Default Beer after Golf good for you!!; vindication of The Villages lifestyle.

A news story in the U.K. reports scientists saying a beer after after sports, a long run or a strenuous round of golf can be good for the body. Beer appears to boost your hydration and the carbohydrates replace some lost calories.

So in a stunning vindication of The Villages lifestyle we can now all feel good as we go to the club after a round of golf and order that healthy Yuengling.

We live life happy and healthy in The Villages. Who knew?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...-the-body.html
Old 04-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
A news story in the U.K. reports scientists saying a beer after after sports, a long run or a strenuous round of golf can be good for the body. Beer appears to boost your hydration and the carbohydrates replace some lost calories.

So in a stunning vindication of The Villages lifestyle we can now all feel good as we go to the club after a round of golf and order that healthy Yuengling.

Don't forget that healthy glass of red wine with dinner and piece of dark chocolate after....

I may live to be 100!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:58 PM

Aaaah, Richie, glad to see you drink from the oldest brewery in the country, also good after softball where they sell it right at the concession stand really cold and on tap.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Veteran member

Even for conservatives, Richie and Sparky really know the pleasures of an ice-cold draft Yeungling. We could call for a beer summit sometime.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Don't forget the cigar...where we are still allowed to smoke 'em that is.

The ultimate triggers to the body that it is time to relax and worry about nothing.....a glass of wine or a beer and a good cigar!!!

btk
Old 04-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

I love when science works for us golfers.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Liquid bread, dont get much better than that!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Sage

The Pilgrim's had to cut their journey short and head for land, and Plymouth Rock, when they ran out of beer.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Tennis/sweat? Yes. Pickleball/sweat? yes. But golf/sweat? Don't think you need to worry about hydration after golf. But, then, do you really need an excuse to lift a glass of GOOD beer?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It's not an excuse its a reason....gn
Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Tennis/sweat? Yes. Pickleball/sweat? yes. But golf/sweat? Don't think you need to worry about hydration after golf. But, then, do you really need an excuse to lift a glass of GOOD beer?
I don't know about that Red; I played a round on Friday and it was darn hot, I'll tell you, and I perspired quite easily. I went through a few bottles of water. The beer did go down quite nicely at the end and it was well appreciated. (strictly for it's health benefits, of course)

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.