Gate Guards

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
Not necessarily, all the village entrances north of 466 off Morse do not have gates. The answer to your question is that there are no village entrances off Bonita between Morse and Buena Vista.
OMG ! Where did the Villages of Largo and Bonita go to?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I though the roads were all public so why have the expense of gates?
One more time I am confused..... you live here and pay for these gates and don't know what they are for.

Village Community Development Districts
Old 10-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
One more time I am confused..... you live here and pay for these gates and don't know what they are for.

You can't make this stuff up.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-18-2018, 07:20 PM

To control traffic so that golf carts may cross the road.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I wish we did.
You know what? I wish we lived in a truly gated community also, but, and this is a very big but, most of us don't have the funds to live in one of THOSE communities.

And I'm not talking about a Stonecrest type of community, I'm talking about one of THOSE that you don't get into unless the guard knows who's coming in and who they're going in to see. THOSE communities won't have $75k manufactured homes within the same boundary that has $1.5 million plus homes.

The only thing that our gates are designed to do is to slow traffic down to allow carts to cross and enter/exit heavily travelled streets.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Default Wish it were so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
I wish that were the case but most of the time the attendant does even look to see if there are golf carts waiting to cross
Old 10-19-2018, 12:27 PM
Sage

IMHO, some residents forget that we don't pay for the roads or road maintenance within the gates, a huge expense.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-20-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The Gate Keepers are fine people and they are challenged by many different kinds of people from the time they go on duty. I just try to not add to their workload and be kind to them because they are just doing a job, they don't make policy or own the joint yet! Carry on.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
I strongly disagree with that. Most of the guards can't even see the golf cart crossing from their cubicle (other than the fact most of the crossings are visually blocked by shrubs so cart drivers can't see cars without inching forward literally an inch at a time).

Morse & 466 for example the guard has zero clue that any carts are crossing which can be easily seen by the fact they continually let cars go through without even a 3 or 4 seconds pauses even when carts are "stuck" in the middle. It seems they are mainly "greeters" "direction givers" and have some control over the FLOW of vehicular traffic at busy locations. Most of the time they are inside their house or have one foot in and one foot out holding the STOP sign to alternate visitors and residence traffic.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
OMG ! Where did the Villages of Largo and Bonita go to?
They are in the same place as always but you have to turn into Bonita or Largo from Canal, that's where the gates are. There are NO gates on Bonita between Morse and Buena Vista because there are NO entrances to these villages.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I strongly disagree with that. Most of the guards can't even see the golf cart crossing from their cubicle (other than the fact most of the crossings are visually blocked by shrubs so cart drivers can't see cars without inching forward literally an inch at a time).

Morse & 466 for example the guard has zero clue that any carts are crossing which can be easily seen by the fact they continually let cars go through without even a 3 or 4 seconds pauses even when carts are "stuck" in the middle. It seems they are mainly "greeters" "direction givers" and have some control over the FLOW of vehicular traffic at busy locations. Most of the time they are inside their house or have one foot in and one foot out holding the STOP sign to alternate visitors and residence traffic.
Gate attendants are not there to watch for carts. That is the responsibility of not only the cart driver, but those in cars and trucks.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:37 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Gates ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsBurgers View Post
This has most likely been addressed in the past but I’m curious. What constitutes one Village getting a gatehouse and guard over another? I haven’t been able to crack the code on my own. 🤣
Just some suggestions: You may want to think about these things: 1. You cannot judge a book by its cover. 2. You may or may not get what you pay for. 3. If you are retired, you may need to relax, have fun, then learn to believe in, IT is what it is.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Gate attendants are not there to watch for carts. That is the responsibility of not only the cart driver, but those in cars and trucks.

Had you read the post I had replied to (that poster said "[Gate guards are there]to control traffic so that golf carts may cross the road.") you'd have seen that was the point I was making. Theey aren't and they don't.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Sage

Gate guards are there to give a cheery greeting to drivers, to (theoretically) control traffic and to give directions.
I agree they don't do a very good job of controlling traffic at the 466/Morse booth.
However in their defense, Morse is a badly planned out street.
Closed Thread

Tags
haven’t, gatehouse, guard, crack, code

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.