Gate Passes

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
I don't understand the problem. Is it the trouble of lowering your power windows or the massive energy it takes to stick your hand out with card in hand?

Steve
Some people, I'm afraid, love to shower before they get home.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:49 PM

Swell idea!
Old 10-29-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
The Biiiiiig question is how much are you willing to spend to make this change? Nothing but complaints about taxes going up, we should pay for guest and all the new restaurants are too expensive for a "piece of meat". This is where the moderator is correct about debates, it turns into a bashing without obtaining facts, cost and following logical thought processes to determine as many causes, effects and solutions. Why is this even a subject to talk about with the other issues that should be of much more concern. A wet arm 3 times a year is not that big of a deal.
C'mon, now. The entire UNITED STATES OF AMERICA was created over massive debates. I grant that a rain-soaked sleeve will probably not be the end of the world as we know it. But, I, for one, enjoy all the different viewpoints expressed in this forum. Enough of the Status Quo; charge ahead.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We have lived here for fourteen years and never once felt opening our window to stick out our pass when it was raining was worth noting.

BUT I disdain using an umbrella. It is warm when it rains here. I have never known clothes or a car's interior to be harmed by a little rain from rolling down your window for a few seconds.

The gates are there to slow traffic so golf carts can pass, they are not there for "security" or showing off we live in a truly gated community.
I agree, been here since 2003, a little rain is not devastating to normal people. Wa wa wa on those that think otherwise. My gate pass has worked well for 15 years. Why change something that works very well
Old 11-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Default Gates

The only reason their are gates is to slow traffic down and to possibly to photo the license plate , Unless there are "other" reasons we SHOULD NOT need a card to go thru , which is annoying , eliminate the need for cards and set the sensors on the gates to open automatically when a car approaches ! DURR
Closed Thread

Tags
cars, gate, passes, real, subject

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.