Gate To Walmart Again

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2020, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts
Default Gate To Walmart Again

Well I'm shocked and appalled. Some Dingbat busted up the gate again!

For those of you that have never actually laid your eyeballs on this gate the difference is that you pull up swipe your card and the arm on the gate pulls the gate open. The actual gate is made out of Aluminum.

I have to say it really is wonderful to have this gate as it is nice to be able to reach so many great places to complete the tasks in our daily life. Now we can go over to Wawa through this gate. An extra added attraction and the Golf Cart gas they provide is a little cheaper than other places its available.

As much as I would hate to see it happen if I was in charge this would be strike 12 and your out. Tough luck Johnny. I would shut it down permanently instead of paying for repairs constantly. The wall would be sealed and all the tears that could be cried wouldn't get it opened up again. This abuse can't stand. What is left behind this time appears to be more mangled than usual.

My decision wouldn't be popular but people face hardships all the time and there would be an answer to each concern someone who is directly affected brings up.

Read the History in the old threads if this subject interests you. It's abuse and just not good to let this continue. Lets go!
Old 03-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

The gates at LaGrand and Jeffery(entry is out right now) to Silver Lake, have been taking hits regularly.
Steve
Old 03-08-2020, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
The gates at LaGrand and Jeffery(entry is out right now) to Silver Lake, have been taking hits regularly.
Steve
I haven't been down that way in a while but found out the hard way the other day that the New Toilet must be getting close to completion as the other exit & entrance is totally closed now. The guy in that Guardhouse must really have to go badly. He's been holding it for months.

It sure looks great down that way like there was a revitalization. Not only the amount of new homes but many people have done a fine job updating their homes. The majority of people show pride of ownership and I have a whole boatload of feeling about those who speak otherwise about this side of the tracks. I hope they snag whoever did the damage to your gate. Good chance they will because I don't believe Golf Carts can use that gate??? I forgot the damaged gate was even there.

It's nice to take a Golf Cart ride down to Silver Lake and just drive around and see all the resent improvements. We are lucky indeed.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Disturbing news indeed Nucky. We use this gate often, usually to get to Lowels. I hope whoever damaged the gate was captured on camera and gets what they deserve is coming to them. I certainly hope the gate is never permanently closed off, but get your point that enough will sometime become enough. Hopefully the gate will be replaced with something that is bulletproof, but that will be expensive. I have had a couple of run ins with people trying to tail gate and follow me through the gate. I slow down so the gate closes behind me and they can't get through, and I am then called all kinds of nasty things. Bottom line, the gate does not have a magic red button, so if you don't have a valid Villages gate pass, don't try to go through it, and by all means don't vandalize the gate.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Sage

I really don't want it to be closed either but was upset when we saw the damage. We had gloves with us because we were going to get gas and saw about 10 items from Wawa thrown on the ground in that area. We picked up what we could safely reach. What PIGS. I thought this was an Adult Community but I guess when people are out of site they take advantage of other peoples property. Really a shame. Adults acting like Children.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Maybe we need a very heavy gate.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Is this gate destruction being done purposely?
Old 03-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I really don't want it to be closed either but was upset when we saw the damage. We had gloves with us because we were going to get gas and saw about 10 items from Wawa thrown on the ground in that area. We picked up what we could safely reach. What PIGS. I thought this was an Adult Community but I guess when people are out of site they take advantage of other peoples property. Really a shame. Adults acting like Children.
I thought there was camera on that gate?

Probably broken by outside or drug addict adult living with mommy? Stoner’s don’t like to be locked out. At least the one’s that don’t have pass?

There was wall couple years ago, but there was such uproar they installed the gate. IMO it should be concrete 10 foot high. Want to go off campus drive car 🚗 or call Uber.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Maybe we need a very heavy gate.
Put the wall back up.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

The outsiders get in and out anyway, because "kind" residents will use their own card to open it when the outsider claims they forgot theirs. I actually got a dirty look from someone because I refused to do that, with someone leaving the neighborhood. I refused for two reasons other than "we're not supposed to".

1. I didn't know the guy, and had no way of knowing if he was stealing someone's golf cart and trying to get it out where it could be picked up by one of the flatbeds that hang out at the Lowes parking lot.

2. Even if he's legit, how's he going to get back in when he's done shopping? It's his responsibility to have his gate card. He should've just gone back home and gotten it. By not doing that, he is imposing on TWO people - the person who lets him out, and the person who lets him back in. That is selfish.

As for the gate itself - considering how easy it is to convince people to let you in anyway, we should just take the gate down. Have more cameras for security purposes, and more cameras in the Lowe's plaza that can keep an eye on those flatbeds.

Why punish everyone when it's just a very rare few who are causing the damage? When you do that, it means you let the violators win.

I'd keep the path narrow, with a big fat column in the middle (the size of that gate mechanism) so cars can't get through from either end.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post

Probably broken by outside or drug addict adult living with mommy? Stoner’s don’t like to be locked out. At least the one’s that don’t have pass?

There was wall couple years ago, but there was such uproar they installed the gate. IMO it should be concrete 10 foot high. Want to go off campus drive car 🚗 or call Uber.
Since there is no cart registration and that is a cart-only gate, I'm not sure a camera would solve anything.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Since there is no cart registration and that is a cart-only gate, I'm not sure a camera would solve anything.
Cameras are very useful in identifying people. Same as when someone commits a robbery in a supermarket, or steals a UPS delivery off your doorstep. The camera doesn't capture a drivers license number but it certainly does capture the image of the person committing the crime.

Destruction of property is an actual crime, even if it's a resident destroying a golf cart path gate in their own community. If it's someone who was driving impaired, a camera might capture their erratic driving. This could be useful to the police.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We've had cameras at the car and cart gates for years. I wonder how many cart drivers have been identified just from a picture. I know cars have been id'd from their license plates because it's been in the online news. It seem a lot of this stuff happens at night. Probably drunk drivers.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:01 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default No car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post

We have been through this before. There are folks who can’t afford Uber and a golf cart is their only means of transportation. This should be given considerable consideration when considering to build a wall blocking Villagers from going to doctors or other necessary businesses.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:03 AM

What are you talking about? The has cameras and the offenders are charged for the repair. Your solution is ridiculous
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, abuse, places, paying, cried

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.