Gator Strolling Through Redfish Run Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion
Default Gator Strolling Through Redfish Run Executive Course

One of my golfing buddies sent me this photo of a 'gator strolling across Redfish Run Executive Course. Looks like a biggie. It was taken on March 26th.

Last week at Bonita Pass I went down near the water's edge to retrieve a ball and almost didn't notice a smaller 'gator about 15 ft. away looking at me from the water. Luckily he didn't move; of course I did, and pretty quickly.

The Villages Florida
Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Sage

I sent that pic to friends in Calif to show them what a real golf hazard looked like.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
One of my golfing buddies sent me this photo of a 'gator strolling across Redfish Run Executive Course. Looks like a biggie. It was taken on March 26th.

Last week at Bonita Pass I went down near the water's edge to retrieve a ball and almost didn't notice a smaller 'gator about 15 ft. away looking at me from the water. Luckily he didn't move; of course I did, and pretty quickly.

The Villages Florida
It looks really GREEN. I thought they were kinda greyish taupe.

YIKES.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Smile

Couldn't he get a little closer so that we could see the color better.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

The Villages Florida
I was planning to take up golf. Yikes, tell me you're kidding about Gators on the golf courses.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

I played Redfish Run on April 1 and saw 2 gators. One was in a pond by #4, I think, and a second gator in the water on #9.

That is a mighty good picture.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

A friend told me a gator was lazying on the green and I think she said on Redfish. This could have been "the one"!!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Is the rumor true that the Shark is coming to TV to compete in a major tournament and he will be partnered with the Gator?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Is the rumor true that the Shark is coming to TV to compete in a major tournament and he will be partnered with the Gator?
Maybe with a "Tiger" too?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 AM

There was a gator on a driveway in Bonnybrook last week. The house is on Palmer golf course, I think. They say it is mating season so the gators are travelling. I'm told they usually run from people but I wouldn't take that chance. I think they shot the one in Bonnybrook.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocadot55 View Post
There was a gator on a driveway in Bonnybrook last week. The house is on Palmer golf course, I think. They say it is mating season so the gators are travelling. I'm told they usually run from people but I wouldn't take that chance. I think they shot the one in Bonnybrook.
Mating season??? Oh no. I am so wrinkly and getting so....taupy in color, I may be inciting lascivious feelings in one of them.

Oh MY. Gator lust.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mating season??? Oh no. I am so wrinkly and getting so....taupy in color, I may be inciting lascivious feelings in one of them.

Oh MY. Gator lust.
Oh Gracy, you're such a worry wort! There aren't enough gators in Ohio that you have to be concerned.
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocadot55 View Post
I saw pictures of the Gator in Bonnybrook. He kept hanging around someone's front lawn, and had to be shot because he was too comfortable around humans and wasn't afraid of them. That pond at Palmer is teeming with Gators, at least five of them.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Founder

dinasour-jpg
Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I saw pictures of the Gator in Bonnybrook. He kept hanging around someone's front lawn, and had to be shot because he was too comfortable around humans and wasn't afraid of them. That pond at Palmer is teeming with Gators, at least five of them.
Me too...

After golfing with the Bonita Babes last week at Pelican, we were headed south on the BV cart path and there was an enormous gator swimming in the pond on the right just south of the Sunset Pointe gate. We could see about 8 feet - how much of his tail was submerged?!?!?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.