Gators

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Gators

Don't know if this is in the right category or not...sorry TH if it is not.

I am now in TV until Monday. Was out taking pics yesterday but I did not see any gators. Thought some might be sunning themselves. Could be I just don't know where to look. Has anyone seen any lately? Of course, it is too rainy today totake pics but am hoping it will clear up Sat,-Mon.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post

I am now in TV until Monday. Was out taking pics yesterday but I did not see any gators. Thought some might be sunning themselves. Could be I just don't know where to look. Has anyone seen any lately? Of course, it is too rainy today totake pics but am hoping it will clear up Sat,-Mon.
There is a pond just south of Arnold Palmer golf course, yesterday there were two out on the bank. Most times you can see them from the cart path.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
There is a pond just south of Arnold Palmer golf course, yesterday there were two out on the bank. Most times you can see them from the cart path.
Which pond/cart path? The path that runs along Beuna Vista or somewhere along the course?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
Which pond/cart path? The path that runs along Beuna Vista or somewhere along the course?
The Buena Vista recreational trail runs along Buena Vista Blvd from County road 42 on the north side of TV to CR 44A on the south side of TV. As of now you can only go as far as CR 466A on the trail.
On this trail about 2 miles south of CR 466 you will pass the Palmer Ledgends Championship golf course, approximately .2 of a mile south of Palmer you will see a pond on the east side of the trail. If you see other carts parked in the grass, most likely the gators are out on the bank. If you stop do not feed the gators(once fed they begin to lose their fear of humans and then they will start coming looking for more food, then the trappers are called in and when caught.....they are killed) don't climb the fence (as some idiots were recently seen doing).
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default thanks

I will check out the location of that gator. The sun is supposed to shine tomorrow. Don't worry I won't get close...I have a healthy respect of their abilities .
Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 AM

A good size gator is in the pond by Lake Miona Rec center on Buena Vista. I did not see him for awhile, but when it was sunny on Weds he was out and about. With all the rain the pond is now very high so not sure when he will be seen.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

gators are not abundant, but they're around

last one I saw , heading north on Morse, just before you hit the bridge out of Lake Sumter Landing, before the big expanse of water there's a smaller pond

saw a 6 footer or so out there on the far bank, sandy area, sunning
Old 03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post

Yesterday there was no sun to sun themselves... You should see gators Sat. There are 2 big gators at Heron exec course.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Veteran member

You can find a 4 1/2 to 5 footer in the pond that starts on the third hole on Trutle mound. I have seen it sunning itself up near the green on that hole and also near the third hole tee.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.