Gator's Dockside Football Games

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Gator's Dockside Football Games

I've ben going to Gator's Dockside on Sundays to watch the Patriots when they play at 1:00 for five years now. It's been a great place to watch the games as they excellent views of the multiple televisions and very good food.
Lately however, they have been reserving large blocks of table for fans of specific teams. I go their with six or seven friends and they stick us in a booth where no one is comfortable and the televisions are at bad angles.
Evidently if you call and tell them that you have 30 or 40 fans of a team, you can reserve that many tables.
Do we have enough Patriots fans that are willing to give their names and e-mail addresses that I could call and reserve seats?
Next week the Pats play at 4:00 so I'll be watching the game at home. But if you're interested in watching the game at Gator's dockside in Spanish Springs on Oct 30, PM me with your name and e-mail and I'll see if I can reserve seats.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We were inquiring as well today as well with a few other patriot's fans with the manager on duty and he stated you have to have a minimum of 20 people to reserve seats. Thirty or forty would be even better! Ellen and I were trying to get other fans interested today. There a lot of us here. We won't be available on the 30th but will be good for other 1:00 pm games on the schedule.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
We were inquiring as well today as well with a few other patriot's fans with the manager on duty and he stated you have to have a minimum of 20 people to reserve seats. Thirty or forty would be even better! Ellen and I were trying to get other fans interested today. There a lot of us here. We won't be available on the 30th but will be good for other 1:00 pm games on the schedule.
Thanks Don. Do you want to coordinate it or do you want me to? Someone h=just has to get a list of people's names and e-mail addresses.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr winston o boogie jr View Post
i've ben going to gator's dockside on sundays to watch the patriots when they play at 1:00 for five years now. It's been a great place to watch the games as they excellent views of the multiple televisions and very good food.
Lately however, they have been reserving large blocks of table for fans of specific teams. I go their with six or seven friends and they stick us in a booth where no one is comfortable and the televisions are at bad angles.
Evidently if you call and tell them that you have 30 or 40 fans of a team, you can reserve that many tables.
Do we have enough patriots fans that are willing to give their names and e-mail addresses that i could call and reserve seats?
Next week the pats play at 4:00 so i'll be watching the game at home. But if you're interested in watching the game at gator's dockside in spanish springs on oct 30, pm me with your name and e-mail and i'll see if i can reserve seats.

64078034-jpg
Old 10-17-2016, 06:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
No question about it and I can't say that I blame them. But, for four years it's been first come first served. They always took care to seat fans of the same teams together. This reserving of huge amounts of seats is something new. I don't blame them for it's a business decision. But if that's the way it is, then we Patriots fans need to get organized and reserve our tables as well.

There are other establishments that show games on Sundays. We might have to go in mass to another venue.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Sounds like a great time and I give you guys a whole lot of credit for trying to organize such a thing. I wish the same thing was in place for the N.Y. Giant's. Anyway I hope your plans come thru and your expectations aren't Deflated. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Sounds like a great time and I give you guys a whole lot of credit for trying to organize such a thing. I wish the same thing was in place for the N.Y. Giant's. Anyway I hope your plans come thru and your expectations aren't Deflated. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
LOL. Good one Nucky!
Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Thanks Don. Do you want to coordinate it or do you want me to? Someone h=just has to get a list of people's names and e-mail addresses.
Ellen and I can help you with getting the names and e-mail addresses. We got a couple yesterday and tried to get more but some people hauled butt before the game was over. I remember when we first moved here and the policy at gator's was first come first serve, period.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:46 AM
Gold member

Chad, the manager at Gator's in SS is a great guy and very easy to work with. We have the M Go Blue Club that watched all the Michigan games on Saturdays during the college football season. This is our 2nd year of exclusively calling Gator's our home and we get between 30 to 40+ for each game. The key is communication, I started talking to Chad in June about the upcoming season and email him almost weekly when kickoff times are announced. thevillages@gatorsdockside.com

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 10-18-2016, 02:14 AM
Veteran member

Don't know if this is an option, but I heard that the Lighthouse in LSL is a Patriots fan bar
Old 10-18-2016, 06:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Don't know if this is an option, but I heard that the Lighthouse in LSL is a Patriots fan bar
I went there last Sunday and it's OK, but it has very limited seating. Seating is at the bar only and it was very full.

Closed Thread

Tags
fans, gators, reserve, dockside, e-mail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.