GE Dishwasher beeping

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Default GE Dishwasher beeping

If I lean against the control panel (buttons are flush to the door), the dishwasher starts beeping to remind me it is now ON. However, there is no OFF button. It's a QuietPower1 model put in patio villa in 2006 in Caroline. I plan to get rid of it but for now, this beeping is driving me nuts. If I shut the door, the dishwasher starts running. I would appreciate any advice - short of throwing it out the front door - to stop the beeping. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:45 AM

I have the same problem. I reset and let it run full cycle and it will turn off. I found I can't interfere with the cycle, such as opening the door for any reason until it runs full cycle and shuts off itself, otherwise it will keep beeping.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
I have the same problem. I reset and let it run full cycle and it will turn off. I found I can't interfere with the cycle, such as opening the door for any reason until it runs full cycle and shuts off itself, otherwise it will keep beeping.

Thanks! Will try it right now. So annoying, this beeping.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Maybe try this. Unplug the machine, wait 5 minutes, then plug it back in. This works on my computer modem so it may be worth a try.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage

Just turn off the circuit breaker for the dish washer --no need to unplug it, should be a dedicated circuit
Old 09-27-2019, 05:03 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I have had problems with my dishwasher. Just shut off the circuit breaker. When you repower, it resets all the codes in the unit. If that doesn't work, time for a mtc call.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:33 AM

After you've solved the current beeping problem, check to see if your model includes a lock function. I had a similar problem of leaning against the control panel and inadvertently turning on my new KitchenAid unit (side note: it's SO quiet - highly recommend). Looking at the front panel more closely, I became aware of "Control Lock". Hold it for 3 seconds and none of the control panel buttons function; hold it again for 3 seconds to reactivate. At least some GE models also have this feature.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneroses View Post
After you've solved the current beeping problem, check to see if your model includes a lock function. I had a similar problem of leaning against the control panel and inadvertently turning on my new KitchenAid unit (side note: it's SO quiet - highly recommend). Looking at the front panel more closely, I became aware of "Control Lock". Hold it for 3 seconds and none of the control panel buttons function; hold it again for 3 seconds to reactivate. At least some GE models also have this feature.
Model does not have a lock function. However, I was going to take advice and just run it through a cycle and to my surprise, I touched a few buttons and the beeping stopped. Will be in the market for a Kitchen Aid soon. Thanks all.

Tags
dishwasher, beeping, starts, door, caroline

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.