Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakernc View Post
call flo.

The Villages Florida
ha, ha, good one!
Old 10-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Buy some TOMCAT GLUE TRAPS & these little buggers will run right into them. Believe me if they stick one of there tiny winnie little toes in it, they're stuck!
Old 10-17-2016, 07:51 AM
Default Gecko removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by n44125 View Post
how do you capture and remove a gecko from our house?
Throw a soaking wet facecloth or paper towel over the gecko
and scoop it up and throw it outside. The gecko can't run out of the soaking wet facecloth.

Last edited by JOHN GORRY; 10-17-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,065 Times in 534 Posts

First of all, they aren't geckos, they are anoles. Second of all, shame on all of you who recommended glue traps, that's cruel. Good grief.

They aren't that hard to catch and put back outside, or just ignore them, they got in..... they'll get out. You live in Florida, they are part of the Florida experience.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Default Everybody's gotta eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCasey View Post
One place we lived, we had a small moth problem...big problem, small moths...in our kitchen. We didn't want to use pesticides because of all the surfaces that our food touched. So, we went to the exotic pet store and bought a Madagascan Day Gecko and let him loose in the house. Bob took care of the moth problem and lived with us for quite a few years. It was always a quick wake up when he was in the shower!
Did you ever have to supplement Bob's diet or did he just fend for himself? How about water?

I was going to tell the original poster that having a lizard in your house is not necessarily a bad thing. They love to eat bugs and they're "all natural".
Old 10-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Platinum member
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
First of all, they aren't geckos, they are anoles. Second of all, shame on all of you who recommended glue traps, that's cruel. Good grief.

They aren't that hard to catch and put back outside, or just ignore them, they got in..... they'll get out. You live in Florida, they are part of the Florida experience.
Agree about the glue traps. If they stay inside long without insects or flies they will bcome dehydrated and die. Try to put them outside.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
But if you want to get rid of them buy some Tomcat Glue Traps & set them in the room where they are at along the wall. I caught 5 in one trap in my lanai. Believe me if they stick one hair size toe in it, they're stuck! Doesn't hurt to try it & the traps are cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Buy some TOMCAT GLUE TRAPS & these little buggers will run right into them. Believe me if they stick one of there tiny winnie little toes in it, they're stuck!
Geckoes won't hurt you. No need to recommend cruel glue traps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Second of all, shame on all of you who recommended glue traps, that's cruel. Good grief.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-18-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:45 PM
Sage

Leave a little trail of dead bugs that leads right out the partially opened back door.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN GORRY View Post
Throw a soaking wet facecloth or paper towel over the gecko and scoop it up and throw it outside. The gecko can't run out of the soaking wet facecloth.
That's an excellent idea!

However, it will be an economic negative for the handymen I employ after I try to scare them out the door... by shooting my Glock right behind their tails.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I just grab the little sucker and throw him/her out. No harm is done to either of us.
Closed Thread

Tags
gecko, remove, house, capture

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.