Generators at Lowes 466a

Generators at Lowes 466a

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 06:36 AM

I want a refund. I have purchased over $300 in groceries and supplies, 14 gals of gasoline for my generator, filled up the car and both golf carts and all we may get is 30 to 50 mph winds.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage

So take all your stuff and take a ride to St Augustine. I'll bet they're running low on hurricane stuff.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I want a refund. I have purchased over $300 in groceries and supplies, 14 gals of gasoline for my generator, filled up the car and both golf carts and all we may get is 30 to 50 mph winds.
What 50 MPH winds?
Old 09-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
What 50 MPH winds?
Maybe the ones that just went over the top of your head...... the man was being sarcastic. Why don't people understand sarcasm and sarcastic humor? Maybe it's me...... I find a lot of people, that if they don't read it in a book - don't understand it! No street sense at all. Glad I got my education in WESTPAC
Old 09-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Same type of sign was on the door at Winn Dixie in Pinellas Plaza.
No returns for hurricane supplies such as batteries, water, etc. etc.

Just wondering if Publix has the same policy about returns.
I would hope so. I was amazed at the amount of returns after Irma. I asked and found out since items had left store they had to be destroyed. Could not be resold or donated. All could think is why return items you can use (water, canned goods and batteries have a long life).
Old 09-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by claricecolin View Post
I would hope so. I was amazed at the amount of returns after Irma. I asked and found out since items had left store they had to be destroyed. Could not be resold or donated. All could think is why return items you can use (water, canned goods and batteries have a long life).
Just to show how some customers are,
1965 thru 1979 I worked at Sears and they had a policy of anything could be returned for whatever reason. I had to take back luggage that was sold 2 weeks ago and returned with airline tags on because they decided they didn't like the color. They returned camera sets with the film and flashcubes used up. I've seen gallons of paint returned then put on the paint shaker to mix the paint for another customer and make a loud racket. Opening the cans found rocks put in the can to bring it up to look like the can was full. They returned fans for space heaters and then for fans again. Its unbelievable how some people can be so cheap.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:07 PM

I know a guy that did his complete house floors with ceramic tiles, He took this dusty electric tile cutter after he was done back to Home Depot and got his money back...
Old 09-04-2019, 08:47 AM

We used to have a dept store called Lechemere's. They had a dept where they re-sold items at a considerable discount. I had a friend who would go in, buy top-end stero equipment, and then return it the next day. Then he would go back a couple days later, and re-purchase it at a steep discount in the returns dept. And this guy made good money. He just thought it was fun to beat the system. I never did understand it....
Old 09-04-2019, 08:56 AM

Location: Springfield Oh Phoenix Az Melbourne Fl Lexington Ky

I have been hanging on to mine for about 7 years now. Haven't used it yet. I think it is my good luck charm.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
15 mile an hour winds.
Closed Thread

Tags
generators, 466a, lowes, purchase