Getting lots of "free stuff" from Amazon all from 3rd party sellers

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2021, 10:07 AM

That does not sound good. Call their customer service. Nothing is free!
Old 07-24-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
from amazon website, https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...3xvxqpuv79z2zc

report unsolicited package or brushing scams

third-party sellers are prohibited from sending unsolicited packages to customers. If you receive a package that you did not order and is not a gift, please report it immediately.

When a customer receives a package they didn't order, it may be a result of a scam sometimes called "brushing." "brushing" scams occur when bad actors send packages to publically available names and addresses.

If you receive a package that you didn't order, check with friends and family or contact customer service to confirm it's not a gift to you.

You can report the package to customer service, and they may ask you for a photo of the shipping label on the package. Amazon investigates reports of "brushing" and will take action on bad actors that violate our policies, including suspending or removing selling privileges, withholding payments, and working with law enforcement.

You don't need to return the item. Feel free to dispose of or donate the item, whichever is most convenient.
good information... Thank you for your post
Old 07-24-2021, 10:22 AM
Gold member

Been happening for years.
Makes Amazon reviews useless.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
It's like Hanukah, Christmas, Boxing day & Kwanzaa in July! In the last 3 weeks I have got 3 unordered "free stuff" all from Amazon 3rd party Chinese sellers. The one I got today was the best it was a horribly crappy Apple Airpods Pro clone from a company called Hyeing. Last week I got one of those 8" "rain" square shower heads and the week before that I got a grill cover. The grill cover smelled like someone died inside it when I opened it up but now that it aired out for a week on the patio it's great for a sun reflector (all shiny foil like lining). The shower head worked OK but I would have needed an extender tube because it was too big. No idea where this stuff is coming from. Definitely not being billed to my account and all legitimately sent from Amazon.

Very strange. I gave away the shower head and still have the grill cover and the crappy Airpods Pro clone if anyone wants them! They all seems to be selling in the $15 to $25 range when I look them up. There is nothing requesting a review so I just don't understand where these come from or what the purpose is.

Anyone else getting freebies from Amazon 3rd party sellers on a "regular" basis?
I got storage bags from them. The smell is formeldehyde ! Chinese obviously use that as a preservative . Smell doesn’t last long.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larbud View Post
Did you ever think that maybe the **** is contaminated with covid or worse?
Yea make everyone more paranoid
Old 07-24-2021, 01:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Quote:
It's like Hanukah, Christmas, Boxing day & Kwanzaa in July! In the last 3 weeks I have got 3 unordered "free stuff" all from Amazon 3rd party Chinese sellers. The one I got today was the best it was a horribly crappy Apple Airpods Pro clone from a company called Hyeing. Last week I got one of those 8" "rain" square shower heads and the week before that I got a grill cover. The grill cover smelled like someone died inside it when I opened it up but now that it aired out for a week on the patio it's great for a sun reflector (all shiny foil like lining). The shower head worked OK but I would have needed an extender tube because it was too big. No idea where this stuff is coming from. Definitely not being billed to my account and all legitimately sent from Amazon.

Very strange. I gave away the shower head and still have the grill cover and the crappy Airpods Pro clone if anyone wants them! They all seems to be selling in the $15 to $25 range when I look them up. There is nothing requesting a review so I just don't understand where these come from or what the purpose is.

Anyone else getting freebies from Amazon 3rd party sellers on a "regular" basis?
I am lucky if I get anything I buy !
Old 07-24-2021, 08:45 PM
Platinum member
Unhappy

I order from Amazon all the time and have never gotten any freebees??
Old 07-25-2021, 05:48 AM

I guess Amazon is trying to keep up with San Francisco
Old 07-25-2021, 06:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Try to avoid amazon as much as possible. Who wants free garbage? If someone is up to no good, I do not want my name or address attached to it. You may not realize something nefarious is happening until damage is done and than you will spend plenty of time fixing it.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Interesting, thanks! Maybe next time it will be something I can actually use. As for brushing Not sure how they could write a review in my name without using my account which would be impossible since I use 2-step verification.

EDIT: Well, the link is informative but they don't give an actual link to report it. They don't make it easy to contact "customer service" without going through their "artificial intelligence chat bots" which keeps taking me back to your link on Amazon or I can sit and wait to chat with someone who barely understands English. LOL. Let 'em send stuff to me. Maybe I'll get lucky once and get something worthwhile.
Nothing is impossible, just ask a programmer. You have been brushed.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=EdFNJ;1977521]
Anyone else getting freebies from Amazon 3rd party sellers

Although I am not getting random unsolicited stuff, I did order two paintings and I received three of one of them and two of the other. I called Amazon to see what I should do with these extra painting they said keep on them. I was not charged for them nor did they want them back.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:07 AM
Default Amazon Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
How to Contact Amazon Customer Service: Phone, Email, Chat

Your tax dollars funded my Google University diploma.
Amazon Fraud number - 888-280-4331
Old 07-25-2021, 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=EdFNJ;1977521]
Anyone else getting freebies from Amazon 3rd party sellers

Although I am not getting random unsolicited stuff, I did order two paintings and I received three of one of them and two of the other. I called Amazon to see what I should do with these extra painting they said keep on them. I was not charged for them nor did they want them back.
Also 2 years ago received about generator..the following week another one showed up told the driver to return it...then the following week got a message my 900 generator was arriving. Called Amazon they've aid to contact vendor..was very difficult to communicate with the vendor in California, finally someone there figured it out...geesh.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:56 AM
Veteran member
Default Mhas never hao

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Try to avoid amazon as much as possible. Who wants free garbage? If someone is up to no good, I do not want my name or address attached to it. You may not realize something nefarious is happening until damage is done and than you will spend plenty of time fixing it.
I don’t feel the need to avoid Amazon; I do, however, need to stay on top of what, if anything, is happening on my account. If I were to receive unsolicited items from Amazon, which has never happened to me, I would first find out if anyone I knew could use it, and if not, I would simply donate ot to a club doing a fundraiser.

Not quite the same thing: We once had to cancel an existing Amazon subscription and received acknowledgement of the cancellation. A month later the next ‘installment’ arrives. I call Amazon and am told I will not be charged and that I can use it or dispose of it. I say okay, thank you, thinking that was the end of it. You think? A month later comes the next one, and a month after that once more. It took them three months to get that sorted out—and they never wanted any of it back!

I once had my credit card number stolen and it racked up 11 charges before anyone picked up on it. Usually the credit companies spot these issues, but not this time. Interestingly, it was Amazon who caught it and immediately notified me and I in turn the credit card company. I asked Amazon, dealing with a brazilian sales a day, how they managed to pick up on it. Simple, they said, someone tried to register a new account using the credit card you have in file….

Last edited by Quixote; 07-25-2021 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Posted itself before it was complete (or could that have been a hint….)!
Old 07-26-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Been happening for years.
Makes Amazon reviews useless.
Another issue that causes problems with Amazon reviews is this. I had a solar light fail after the warranty period but they would send me a similar one for free if I posted a five star review of the old product. This happens a lot from what I have read.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, grill, cover, shower, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.