Getting lots of "free stuff" from Amazon all from 3rd party sellers

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2021, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNY61 View Post
Another issue that causes problems with Amazon reviews is this. I had a solar light fail after the warranty period but they would send me a similar one for free if I posted a five star review of the old product. This happens a lot from what I have read.
Did Amazon demand the review or did the third party retailer? You refused, right?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-26-2021, 11:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Did Amazon demand the review or did the third party retailer? You refused, right?
Amazon is just the shipper, could care less about the review, so no demand. Packages are sent from the company, usually getting no so great reviews, or new product that needs reviews. Small business have Sending products for years, hoping someone will be happy to review a product. There is no direct contact from the company. You get free stuff, and product May or may not get a review
Old 07-26-2021, 11:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Amazon is just the shipper, could care less about the review, so no demand. Packages are sent from the company, usually getting no so great reviews, or new product that needs reviews. Small business have Sending products for years, hoping someone will be happy to review a product. There is no direct contact from the company. You get free stuff, and product May or may not get a review
That's not the way the "Brushing scam" works.
A fake review is left in your name.

“ The intention is to give the impression that the recipient is a verified buyer who has written positive online reviews of the merchandise, meaning: they write a fake review in your name. These fake reviews help to fraudulently boost or inflate the products’ ratings and sales numbers, which they hope results in an increase of actual sales in the long-run. Since the merchandise is usually cheap and low-cost to ship, the scammers perceive this as a profitable pay-off.”
Old 07-26-2021, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Please refer to the post I was replying to, the individual *did* have contact with someone.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-26-2021, 01:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
That's not the way the "Brushing scam" works.
A fake review is left in your name.

“ The intention is to give the impression that the recipient is a verified buyer who has written positive online reviews of the merchandise, meaning: they write a fake review in your name. These fake reviews help to fraudulently boost or inflate the products’ ratings and sales numbers, which they hope results in an increase of actual sales in the long-run. Since the merchandise is usually cheap and low-cost to ship, the scammers perceive this as a profitable pay-off.”
Quote:
Please refer to the post I was replying to, the individual *did* have contact with someone.
I have had no contact with suppliers for any packages that shipped to me without an order. Maybe the packages I have been shipped were just hoping for a review. Out of the last 3 items shipped, there have been no new positive reviews since receiving those items 3 months ago. I am guessing the company is not writing the bad reviews.
But I am sorry for posting my experience in Free packages from Amazon so those can tell you you either can’t read, or are to stupid to have a thought.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
It was the third party company who wanted the review before sending a replacement. It is easy enough to change the review after they ship the replacement.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I thought $109.95 was an awesome price on a really cool looking electric bicycle (typically $2,000+), until another equally nice one showed up on my FB feed for only $29.95. Of course shipping and handling wasn't shown on either and it said that it would be revealed, upon checkout. Sorry, but no way am I waiting until I've possibly already been put on the hook to find out that S&H - is $3,000. Reading the 'About Us' on both manufacturers, reads a lot like a mostly cleaned up version of the Nigerian Prince scam. In talking to my son, who just purchased an electric scooter, he reminded me of what I've told him and his siblings all of their lives. "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is." Thanks son, you've made me proud - again. lol
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, grill, cover, shower, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.