Getting It Right The First Time?

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Sage
Default Getting It Right The First Time?

I have heard many times someone saying the average villager will buy two or three homes in TV. I was wondering:

"How many people only bought one home and have stayed in it"?

What was the thought process and why was it successful for you?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Sage

We bought our home after seeing the models a couple of times and driving through the neighborhoods a few times. We told our agent what we preferred in terms of model, lot, and interior features. We were sent pictures of the house over the internet and had to make a decision in a couple of hours. Fortunately, our agent did an outstanding job in meeting the aspects of our list. The only thing we don't have is a golf cart garage, but we have an expanded garage and can get two cars and a golf cart in easily. We are located near enough to a square that we can enjoy it and not so close that we have more traffic. We have the privacy we wanted and wonderful neighbors (don't know how the agent did that, though). No plans to ever move.

So, for us, it was developing a list of preferred features and having an agent who searched diligently for about four months for a house that incorporate most of them.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Number of homes people have

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I have heard many times someone saying the average villager will buy two or three homes in TV. I was wondering:

We have been here 9 years and this is our third home. We bought this one in 2006 and thinking now of another new one.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Sage

We closed on the 23rd of January and are still there!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

Personally I think that the average villager stays put or moves out of TV. I would put the number of Villagers that buy two to three homes in TV in the 10-15% range.

I have been in the same home for 10 years and plan to croak in this home. Many of my neighbors in this village are in the same mind frame. Unless illness or inability to care for themselves enters the picture they are here to stay.

We did my research on what we wanted in my house and went from there. Since we bought in 2001 we did not have all of the options about town squares or restaurants or shopping to consider. But those never have entered into any reason for me to move. I am very happy where I am. I have no reason to keep up with the Joneses.

When you first buy you want to be close to everything. After a couple of years the town square becomes old hat and you visit it on occasion. As long as you can get to the grocery store, pharmacy, liquor store (if you are so inclined) by cart and gas station (if you have a gas cart), you have all you need.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Angie:

WOW - Eight whole days!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new home.

Best wishes as you start living the dream.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Personally I think that the average villager stays put or moves out of TV. I would put the number of Villagers that buy two to three homes in TV in the 10-15% range.

I have been in the same home for 10 years and plan to croak in this home. Many of my neighbors in this village are in the same mind frame. Unless illness or inability to care for themselves enters the picture they are here to stay.

We did my research on what we wanted in my house and went from there. Since we bought in 2001 we did not have all of the options about town squares or restaurants or shopping to consider. But those never have entered into any reason for me to move. I am very happy where I am. I have no reason to keep up with the Joneses.

When you first buy you want to be close to everything. After a couple of years the town square becomes old hat and you visit it on occasion. As long as you can get to the grocery store, pharmacy, liquor store (if you are so inclined) by cart and gas station (if you have a gas cart), you have all you need. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Z
Z:

You are a wise man. I'll keep your advice in mind as I only want to do this once.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Sage

Over time, some people's mindsets (or their needs) regarding homes change. Snowbirds & snowflakes might purchase a home in TV as their second/vacation home. If they were to become frogs at some future point, they might opt for a different style/type of home altogether. Some folks like new homes and will move on to another new home every now and then. Others might choose to downsize (or upsize!) once they've been living in TV for a few years.

Different strokes........

Bill
Old 02-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Veteran member
Default How many times

We went on a cruise a few weeks ago.

We met a couple from TV on the beach in Cayman.

Had nice conversation with the fellow who says they are ready for their third house.

The first was too close to nearby train and after a year they sold.
I think they are just tired of their current house.
They have been in TV 9 years and he did not know about TOTV.

They always purchased resales.

Told him we were buying new and he asked why.

Lot's of reasons, but we think that being in a Village with new TVers makes sence to meet new friends that much quicker.

He agreed. Made my day!

Last edited by aljetmet; 02-01-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Default In the Villages

We bought a villa after much research and thought. We still own another home, but our thinking is that eventually we will sell that one and live permanently in our villa. We have decided that we want less stuff to have to maintain and more time to play golf, tennis, travel, etc.

I know some people in our villa area have moved on to larger homes-a real estate agent told me 20% of the people in TV move three times - usually a villa, then a house, then back to a villa.

Everything's a matter of preference!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Old 02-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS G View Post
We have been here 9 years and this is our third home. We bought this one in 2006 and thinking now of another new one.
Would you expound on why you have made the moves? Why did you leave one and why did you select the next one? Thanks.
In reality, they're different!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Gold member

We have been in our Arlington villa for about a month now. Plenty of room. Corner lot, end of street and we just love it! Huge yard a lot of patio and so private! I know this is our last move!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Gold member

We lasted a year in a designer home; lovely and all but we acquired a dog and moved on to a villa. Love the privacy it offers and large corner lot. Will it be the last move - who knows? One thing you can be sure of in life, it will change - so we'll go with the flow and see what's next...........!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Sage

I think dread of moving factors into my wanting to stay put. I moved 5 times in the 4 years before I came to TV. I love my house, I chose it very carefully and it suits me. I"m alone, so I don't have anyone else to please. God willing I will stay here until I croak. If I find something I don't like about this house, I will try to change it, but I DO NOT want to move again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.