Getting Tires

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2022, 07:26 AM

Wildwood Tire. Quick, efficient, well priced, and best of all: excellent customer service. BTW, they do all sorts of other repair work.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:54 AM

I have used Walmart and am satisfied with the service. Because I travel, I purchase the road hazard package. The tires can o ly be repaired at Walmart but Walmart is everywhere. Most tire companies use the same policy but are not always nearby.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodz View Post
Has anyone used the Automotive Dept. at Walmart (off of 466) to get tires and have them installed? If so, could you let me know about your experience. Any other recommendations?

I used a Walmart in Nashville a year ago. Bought the tires online, they shipped to the store, then they installed them. Great experience. Others have mentioned Wildwood tire,,,, they are the BEST in my opinion! Great customer service & friendly, knowledgeable. Stay far away from tire choice on 466a. crooks & con artists.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:12 AM
Default Getting Tires

Quote:
Has anyone used the Automotive Dept. at Walmart (off of 466) to get tires and have them installed? If so, could you let me know about your experience. Any other recommendations?
I've always used Costco to replace my tires. It's always been a good experience and fair price. If you don't have a membership, maybe you can find a friend who does.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
WARNING: Avoid buying the very low quality Douglas brand there. We had them on my Son's Accord and he reported they were terrible in the wet and poor traction. Stick with name brands. I also had to have them re-balance a set of new tires I bought from them. (Hwy. 466 in Oxford)
Old 01-13-2022, 09:39 AM

Sumter tire and auto. On 301 in wildwood. Good prices best service.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:43 AM

We've always used Quality Tire and Break on 466. He's honest and dependable. His place doesn't look like much but if you are looking for a reliable mechanic he's the one.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I suggested Wildwood tires. Having tires mounted, balanced, like anything else is an art.
Wildwood is a family operation. Walmart, I'm sure has some good people and some bad ones. Walmart, their ad is something like you are never more than 50 miles from a Wallmart. Tires-the villages is hard on tires. You scuff them through the round a bouts and flats. I've had more flats in the villages, bike, golf cart and car than I've had in over 60 years, before, counting my bike.

Have you noticed way people drive in villages? I have hadn’t had flat in 8 years. You must live in Southern portion of villages. IMO don’t take no artist to mount tires. The machine does all the work. I here good things about wildwood tires, but I’m not going to drive 25 miles when can get done 4 miles away. But, that me.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I am amazed how many people here have replaced tire’s. Usually majority don’t keep car long enough to wear out tires?
Old 01-13-2022, 10:30 AM
Default Good

Quote:
At the time they had the best prices. Good so far two years later. FYI, Goodyear tires. Get your quotes and decide.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:22 AM

I got a set of Michelin from Walmart. Service was good. Price was the cheapest with all the extras. Nice part you can always fine a Walmart for repairs.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I went there yesterday because the tire pressure warning light came on. They let me use their air hose, with gauge for no charge, took care of the situation with no problems, and invited me to return if the tire needed repairs. Nice people.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:12 PM

Be carful, Sam's price was good but service teck scratched 2 rimes ,1 real bad. I only go to professional tire stores only now
Old 01-13-2022, 06:43 PM
Default Tires in the area

Hi, Have purchased tires at Walmart, but did not like their quote did not include the extras (valves & balancing) which were quite a bit more. I now go to Sumter Tire on Main Street in Wildwood, they quote the entire price of the tires. They also do all manner repairs. Having used them now for nearly 10 years, can recommend them.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,854 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I am amazed how many people here have replaced tire’s. Usually majority don’t keep car long enough to wear out tires?
tire wear depends upon balancing and alignment and driving style. All three seldom stay in their original position, and any all wheel drive always on will reduce the life of a tire by 1/3 due to the all wheel and the differential precision needed to turn the front and back precisely in synch. can't be adjusted and so the tiniest of rotation differentials causes excessive wear. and the wear accelerates as the tire circumference differences between front and back gets wider.

but I drive my cars to junk because all cars are future junk . . even new ones
Closed Thread

Tags
tires, experience, installed, walmart, dept

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.