Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Getting Tires (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/getting-tires-328110/)

bobeaston 01-13-2022 07:26 AM

Wildwood Tire. Quick, efficient, well priced, and best of all: excellent customer service. BTW, they do all sorts of other repair work.

tsmall22204 01-13-2022 07:54 AM

I have used Walmart and am satisfied with the service. Because I travel, I purchase the road hazard package. The tires can o ly be repaired at Walmart but Walmart is everywhere. Most tire companies use the same policy but are not always nearby.

tklloop 01-13-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodz (Post 2048681)
Has anyone used the Automotive Dept. at Walmart (off of 466) to get tires and have them installed? If so, could you let me know about your experience. Any other recommendations?

I used a Walmart in Nashville a year ago. Bought the tires online, they shipped to the store, then they installed them. Great experience. Others have mentioned Wildwood tire,,,, they are the BEST in my opinion! Great customer service & friendly, knowledgeable. Stay far away from tire choice on 466a. crooks & con artists.

Troopie 01-13-2022 08:12 AM

Getting Tires

Quote:

Has anyone used the Automotive Dept. at Walmart (off of 466) to get tires and have them installed? If so, could you let me know about your experience. Any other recommendations?

I've always used Costco to replace my tires. It's always been a good experience and fair price. If you don't have a membership, maybe you can find a friend who does.

taruffi57 01-13-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

WARNING: Avoid buying the very low quality Douglas brand there. We had them on my Son's Accord and he reported they were terrible in the wet and poor traction. Stick with name brands. I also had to have them re-balance a set of new tires I bought from them. (Hwy. 466 in Oxford)

JIMLUPO77 01-13-2022 09:39 AM

Sumter tire and auto. On 301 in wildwood. Good prices best service.

Lea N 01-13-2022 09:43 AM

We've always used Quality Tire and Break on 466. He's honest and dependable. His place doesn't look like much but if you are looking for a reliable mechanic he's the one.

Topspinmo 01-13-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVES (Post 2049070)
I suggested Wildwood tires. Having tires mounted, balanced, like anything else is an art.
Wildwood is a family operation. Walmart, I'm sure has some good people and some bad ones. Walmart, their ad is something like you are never more than 50 miles from a Wallmart. Tires-the villages is hard on tires. You scuff them through the round a bouts and flats. I've had more flats in the villages, bike, golf cart and car than I've had in over 60 years, before, counting my bike.

Have you noticed way people drive in villages? I have hadn’t had flat in 8 years. You must live in Southern portion of villages. IMO don’t take no artist to mount tires. The machine does all the work. I here good things about wildwood tires, but I’m not going to drive 25 miles when can get done 4 miles away. But, that me.

Topspinmo 01-13-2022 09:51 AM

I am amazed how many people here have replaced tire’s. Usually majority don’t keep car long enough to wear out tires?

dadoiron 01-13-2022 10:30 AM

Good

Quote:

At the time they had the best prices. Good so far two years later. FYI, Goodyear tires. Get your quotes and decide.

Samcat13 01-13-2022 11:22 AM

I got a set of Michelin from Walmart. Service was good. Price was the cheapest with all the extras. Nice part you can always fine a Walmart for repairs. :)

nn0wheremann 01-13-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

I went there yesterday because the tire pressure warning light came on. They let me use their air hose, with gauge for no charge, took care of the situation with no problems, and invited me to return if the tire needed repairs. Nice people.

mastergolfer 01-13-2022 02:12 PM

Be carful, Sam's price was good but service teck scratched 2 rimes ,1 real bad. I only go to professional tire stores only now

Cheiro 01-13-2022 06:43 PM

Tires in the area

Hi, Have purchased tires at Walmart, but did not like their quote did not include the extras (valves & balancing) which were quite a bit more. I now go to Sumter Tire on Main Street in Wildwood, they quote the entire price of the tires. They also do all manner repairs. Having used them now for nearly 10 years, can recommend them.

CoachKandSportsguy 01-13-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2049291)
I am amazed how many people here have replaced tire’s. Usually majority don’t keep car long enough to wear out tires?

tire wear depends upon balancing and alignment and driving style. All three seldom stay in their original position, and any all wheel drive always on will reduce the life of a tire by 1/3 due to the all wheel and the differential precision needed to turn the front and back precisely in synch. can't be adjusted and so the tiniest of rotation differentials causes excessive wear. and the wear accelerates as the tire circumference differences between front and back gets wider.

but I drive my cars to junk because all cars are future junk . . even new ones