Ghost Ants

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2021, 11:20 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

Holy smokes , I was going to recommend TERRO … but you have it covered….
Old 12-01-2021, 06:57 AM

Not sure if I’ve ever heard of them, but our usuall treatment is Borax (tee spoon) mixed with honey (teaspoon) on a piece of aluminum foil. Once they find it, 100-200 will start eating it, take it back to the colony and kill the whole colony. Takes about 3 days to get all of them, especially the last stragglers. Probably should keep this stuff away from kids and pets. The key is to have the patients to let them really feed well on the stuff and not try to kill them while in your home eating the stuff. You want to make sure the entire colony is killed.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:51 AM

We had them, call Dean's and they did a treatment and they were gone instantly.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:52 AM

[use Simple Green and clean the area bugs hate it and it smells good to most people QUOTE=Grill Meister;2034942]I need some advice on getting rid of ghost ants. I have them mostly in my bathroom basins. I have tried several methods of getting rid of them. I have left drops of "TERRO ANT KILLER" around and they flock to that, but that is a poison and apparently an entire tribe of those little boogers and not complete annihilated. I have also used "COMBAT ANY KILLING GEL" and "ADVION ANT GEL". The instructions for COMBAT and ADVION suggests that you spread them in the areas where the ants are found and DO NOT us any form of "repellent". I have tried both of these gels, which come in hypodermic devices, by squeezing a line at the tops of the basins, under the granite counter top. I also spread the gels under the sinks where the water pipes come out of the walls. Nothing is stopping the ants. My next door neighbors had a professional extermination company treat their house for them and it got rid of the ants.....for one week and then they were back with vengeance. Oh, too, I have also spread insecticide all around the perimeter of the house. Got any suggestions? Maybe a blow torch????[/QUOTE]
Old 12-01-2021, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Call Massey Services.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=Grill Meister;2034942]I need some advice on getting rid of ghost ants. I have them mostly in my bathroom basins. I have tried several methods of getting rid of them. I have left drops of "TERRO ANT KILLER" around and they flock to that, but that is a poison and apparently an entire tribe of those little boogers and not complete annihilated.

I've used Terro for years. A friend of mine told me to put a drop of it on a small piece of aluminum foil to help me get rid of sugar ants at my house in Houston, and it worked. I had that sitting up by the window sill for a few days, and it took care of them.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:53 PM
Default Ghost Ants

I poured some drain clogger stuff down each drain and did it at night. The next morning I ran the water thru for about two minutes on each drain and guess what - I don't have them anymore. Just a suggestion.
Closed Thread

Tags
ants, spread, rid, advion, gel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.