Glass In the Lanai?

Glass In the Lanai?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Sage

Our glassing in of lanai was just completed and we enjoy eating dinner out there and I have a place for my painting and drawing and it is a nice view of the pool. Most of all it keeps all the furniture clean. It needed to be wiped off every few days and little spiders and some gecko's would sneak in. I am sorry we didn't do it before now. We chose heavy glass and do not need an additional cooling unit. Here are some pictures;
Attached Thumbnails
000_9620-jpg   000_9621-jpg   000_9622-jpg   000_9623-jpg   000_9624-jpg  

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-12-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our glassing in of lanai was just completed and we enjoy eating dinner out there and I have a place for my painting and drawing and it is a nice view of the pool. Most of all it keeps all the furniture clean. It needed to be wiped off every few days and little spiders and some gecko's would sneak in. I am sorry we didn't do it before now. We chose heavy glass and do not need an additional cooling unit. Here are some pictures;
Very nice!
Old 08-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our glassing in of lanai was just completed ... Here are some pictures;
Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:00 PM

Thank you all for sharing your opinions!
Old 08-12-2019, 03:26 PM

Silver Rose, If you enjoy the feeling of being outside but don't enjoy the 90 degree days, you will love having your lanai enclosed. I had a small air/heat system installed and now I can use it year round in any weather. The floor to ceiling stackable sliders can be used to open up the space for fresh air during those few months when the weather is just beautiful.

I also agree with Gracie - no more bugs or dirt to clean up.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Sage

I like the open totally open view from the lanai out to the caged pool and beyond. The lanai is shaded most of the day, so a couple of ceiling fans keep it nice. Electric shades for the cool nights keep the wind out. A space heater does the rest.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2019, 04:11 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

After two years we, like Gracie, were tired of cleaning off the furniture and moving it every time it rained, it was totally disgusting in the spring when all of the yellow and green pollen would blow in and get all over everything. We chose full height double pane argon filled sliders with sliding screens, most choose to have permanent screening all the way around but we would rather be able to wash the glass inside and out any time we want without having to remove them from their tracks, the double pane units are very heavy. Having the sliding screens also gives us multiple entry/exit areas for the lanai. We have only had it for 6 weeks or so but use it a lot. We like having the doors open when not too hot so chose to use it more like a outdoor room. When too hot we cool it with a free standing air conditioner which is very inexpensive and keeps it about 8 degrees below the outside temperature, takes out the humidity, and makes it very comfortable most of the time. Would not go back to a screened lanai and the double pane glass panels keeps out much more heat and noise than single pane. our lanai is more quiet than our house.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:55 PM

One of the most important features of the home we buy will be outdoor living space and I have not seen anything on the market right now that comes close to how stunning these photos are! Even the cat coordinates perfectly with the birds on the pillows ; ) I will definitely keep in mind what has been posted about the upkeep of the outdoor space. I don't think I would like to be wiping down the furniture too often.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:37 AM

When looking at homes I found many of those that had glassed in lanais were dark in the center of the house. Now the lanai room was lovely, but the living room was less useful. We picked a home big enough for all our activities so the lanai is used for outdoor dining and reading during rainstorms. We don’t have issues with the covered lanai getting dirty except during the pollen season, so we do have to clean it once a year.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:42 AM
Gold member

We put in full length stackable sliding glass doors from Custom Windows in Leesburg. When it's nice we just slide and stack the doors and we have over 66% open air. You won't regret glassing in especially in rainy season. Trying to keep the furniture dry by moving it around gets to be a hassle. We waited 2 years before we did it and wish we did it sooner.

Tags
lanai, glass, didn’t, can’t, wait