GMR Site Closed Because of the Weather

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 11:40 AM
Default GMR Site Closed Because of the Weather

Reported this morning for my 2nd vaccine and the site off 466 behind Fresh Market was closed due to weather. The instructions were to come back this afternoon and they might reopen. Anyone know any different?
Old 02-13-2021, 11:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromAus View Post
Reported this morning for my 2nd vaccine and the site off 466 behind Fresh Market was closed due to weather. The instructions were to come back this afternoon and they might reopen. Anyone know any different?
I was there about 1030 and they said they would not open today due to the muddy approach lanes. They said they would call to reschedule. LOL....sure.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-13-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I was there about 1030 and they said they would not open today due to the muddy approach lanes. They said they would call to reschedule. LOL....sure.
Reopened at High School parking lot.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

So, even with the cheap shots directed at them, they seem to be trying..
Old 02-13-2021, 02:30 PM

Can someone confirm where and when will 2nd vaccine be scheduled
Old 02-13-2021, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkjourney1950 View Post
Can someone confirm where and when will 2nd vaccine be scheduled
If it were me, and I had an appointment for today for either a first or second shot, I would go to the High School parking lot. Someone reported that GMR moved to the High School for today. I would not worry about the time of the appointment, I would just show up.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
If it were me, and I had an appointment for today for either a first or second shot, I would go to the High School parking lot. Someone reported that GMR moved to the High School for today. I would not worry about the time of the appointment, I would just show up.
And tell the folks at the high school to see how well Lake County is doing this.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:29 PM

Had my 2nd shot today at the High School. There were a lot of cars and it took 4 hours of winding our way through a parking lot and down the roads around the school but got it done.

Also received an email saying they’d probably be catching up on Monday for those that missed their vaccine.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:42 PM

Here is the email text.

The heavy rains are hampering the ability to safely operate the drive thru site today. We have been working directly and collaboratively with the County to identify an alternative site for today, and will complete as many scheduled vaccinations as possible. For any appointments that are not completed today, we will complete later in the week (most likely Monday). Additional details and communication on this alternate site will be provided upon your arrival, as police will direct you to the new location (nearby local school). Emails will be sent regarding any additional information, changes, or schedule updates as they become available. We appreciate your understanding due to the changes associated with the weather.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

When we saw the tents in the field in January, first thought was, a hard rain would make a good mudder course. But not so much for a vaccine site, unless it was a military bug out. Then you would be doing those injections in the back of a moving Jeep
Old 02-14-2021, 06:07 AM

I heard people were sent to the school to gets shots. There was a lot of traffic in front of the school yesterday.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:10 AM
Default Vaccine

Quote:
Our second shot was scheduled for yesterday at 11:30. When we got there, we were told that they were moving the site to the west side of the high school at 1pm. We got some lunch and gas and went over about 12:30. Waited in winding line for about 4 hours but got it done. Don’t know what they would have done if it rained again as they were totally out in the open, no tents. Worst part was , we didn’t have any water with us and after 5 hours total we felt dehydrated. Also another issue was the need for a bathroom. Saw some folks heading to a building between fields but if you were in your car by yourself, that was not an option. Not sure they will be open today as it is Sunday and with the threat of rain all week, we are happy to have it done. Hope someone posts as to how it continues to go. The best to everyone
Old 02-14-2021, 08:31 AM
Default GMR site

Yesterday, Saturday, they closed the tent area and moved it to the parking lot at the high school from 1 to 6pm. Went smoothly.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:16 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Got my COVID-19 vaccine last night at about 9:30 PM in the high school parking lot. I’ll be back in a month for the second and hopefully won’t have to wait as long as I did yesterday. No matter, all good!
Old 02-14-2021, 09:20 AM

Keep in mind that they're doing the best they can. They're trying, but mud is not fun for anyone. Fyi, wife and I registered on 1-11-21, too. Finally got to the tent sites for our first shots -- me on 2-6-21, she on 2-10-21. All went smoothly, in and out in 30 and 40 minutes. The folks there were as nice and as helpful as they can be. Whether delivering or or receiving our shots, we all have to be patient and flexible.
Closed Thread

Tags
closed, site, weather, back, instructions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.