Golf Ball Breaks Window

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Sage
Default Golf Ball Breaks Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Remember that old joke.

So one day a bunch of old time regulars were playing and and on the 8th hole, the oldest Harry, had a heart attack. After the round when one of the players were asked about their loss and how they handled it, they said it was very difficult. For the rest of the round it was "Hit the ball, drag Harry".

Lighten up.

Please don't weigh your words. This group doesn't decide who get's past the Pearly Gates. We know in our heart who we are as does the people who really know us and our past.
Heheh. Of course you're right. But don't worry about me taking it too seriously. You quoted me too fast. I was in the process of taking out that last sentence...inappropriate at best. Sorry, Sandtrap. [emoji16]
Old 01-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Heheh. Of course you're right. But don't worry about me taking it too seriously. You quoted me too fast. I was in the process of taking out that last sentence...inappropriate at best. Sorry, Sandtrap. [emoji16]
me too----we must be old souls
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 PM

I just hope that some day I can hit one far enough to reach a window:-) But I keep trying.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Caroline View Post
I just hope that some day I can hit one far enough to reach a window:-) But I keep trying.
And that's the truth. Golf is not about golf in the villages. It's about the camaraderie, the jokes, the water birds, the landscape and the walk. Lift, clean and place wherever you want will help you see all that is good about golf in the villages.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Hey, it is what it is. If you damage somebody's property and don't take responsibility then you have no honor or integrity. You can try to hide behind the law but you and I both know it is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I can see how that would be a major factor. Nevertheless...

This is the type of post that brings holier-than-thou to mind...the strong implication that those who would walk on have no honor and integrity. I take great exception to that.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
...If you damage somebody's property and don't take responsibility then you have no honor or integrity. You can try to hide behind the law but you and I both know it is wrong.

Wow. I know I first mentioned holier-than-thou, but thanks for clearly defining it and giving such a good example.

Just don't claim to speak for me.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Sage

///////// i need to speak to speak to my lawyer
Old 01-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
///////// i need to speak to speak to my lawyer
Morgan and Morgan?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=Sweet Caroline;996024]I just hope that some day I can hit one far enough to reach a window:-) But I keep trying.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, that too.

I think everyone on both sides of this argument are good and honest folks. I think that it is a viewed as a legality. I think most people who live on the golf courses don't have too many broken windows and most people would say, that is alright, I have insurance or just have it fixed. About three years ago I had two windows replaced in the home we were selling in Cincinnati, double paned and they were each about fifty dollars. I was astonished. The man replaced a lot of windows by our builder, as the homes were getting on to twenty years and he would do two or three homes in the same neighborhood on one trip. Most replaced them because they had lost their thermoseal, so it wasn't like having a broken one that needed to be replaced immediately do he could schedule several at a time...

It may cost much more here. And I could be all wet.

I think so much of all of you and I know you are good people. AND I am not holier than anybody.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.