Idea To Help With Seating At Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Default Idea To Help With Seating At Sumter

What about moving the entertainment gazebo to the end of the square instead of in the middle?I have been thinking of this for awhile, and with all the talk about people saving seats in the squares, I thought now might be the time to make this suggestion on our surveys. Having the gazebo in the center of the square in Sumter means that half of the seats do not have a view of the entertainment. This means everyone wants to be on the side facing the entertainment. How about moving the gazebo to the end similar to how it is in Brownwood? That way more people would have a better view, and there would be more room for people to bring their own chairs and put them on the side with the good view. I noticed that the baton twirlers did go to both sides during the St. Patrick's Day celebration, but the (awesome) bag pipe players, etc. were only on one side. If you think you'd like to make this suggestion, please add it to your survey.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Not a bad idea but which end are you going to move it to and who's going to pay for it? Oh such a question? How about we set up a BYOC rule? No more chairs unless you bring one. Problem solved. But in the chair it's yours problem solved, no more roping off areas or rows of chairs.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Eternal Member

Maybe the Morse family could start a Go Fund Me Campaign to move the Gazebos.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:57 PM

I just figured since they had done some "remodeling" in the Spanish Springs square, there must be some money for things like that....
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 PM

Personally, I think it should go on the end closest to the lake.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Gold member

Not everyone wants to sit directly in front of the band at Lake Sumter Landing. The sound system is powerful and clear enough that the sound is great beside it and behind it.

We know several couples who always choose to sit in back of the band, where the music isn't quite as loud and people can talk and converse better. And the line dancers on all four sides sure don't seem to mind.

I know people who do not like the positioning and grandstand seating at Brownwood, because it doesn't look like a traditional town square. However, the grandstand seating with roof there is good for accommodating more people, and the shade is needed from the hot sun and the back walls are a good wind break when the wind comes across that prairie and makes it pretty cold there at night in fall, winter and spring.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Maybe the Morse family could start a Go Fund Me Campaign to move the Gazebos.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Not a bad idea but which end are you going to move it to and who's going to pay for it? Oh such a question? How about we set up a BYOC rule? No more chairs unless you bring one. Problem solved. But in the chair it's yours problem solved, no more roping off areas or rows of chairs.
People will just bring their own chairs an early, set them up and rope them off!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Not everyone wants to sit directly in front of the band at Lake Sumter Landing. The sound system is powerful and clear enough that the sound is great beside it and behind it.

We know several couples who always choose to sit in back of the band, where the music isn't quite as loud and people can talk and converse better. And the line dancers on all four sides sure don't seem to mind.

I know people who do not like the positioning and grandstand seating at Brownwood, because it doesn't look like a traditional town square. However, the grandstand seating with roof there is good for accommodating more people, and the shade is needed from the hot sun and the back walls are a good wind break when the wind comes across that prairie and makes it pretty cold there at night in fall, winter and spring.
It isn't a problem at Spanish Springs, either. I hate the layout at Brownwood. Not near as much dancing space as at the "centered" stage.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Sage

I think it's a great idea. Heck, on a busy night, if we tie all the ropes together and get enough people.....................
Old 03-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

You guys better hurry down to Lake Sumter Landing... Rocky is playing tonight and when I was there a couple hours ago, the chairs were already reserved....

The best place to be, when Rocky is there, is on the dance floor ....
Old 03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

I like the Sumter Landing Gazebo in middle of the square. I like that there's dancing space and seating space on all sides. And the look of the square is like a small fishing village look.

I don't like the way the "Dog Trot Porch" and bleachers are set up at Brownwood.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.