Golf Cart, 2 or 4 seats?

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 06:06 AM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace
Default 4 seater

I would suggest a 4 seater. My neighbors get company and they always want to borrow a 4 seater. Why not just buy one? Also, when you go out to dinner with another couple it is really nice to ride together rather be followed by your friends.......... Just my thoughts on it.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR&VAF View Post
......Will the golf stores haggle with you like car sales people do? .........
No, not on new carts. There will be occasional promotions for some accessories at no cost, etc. But there's no "wheelin' and dealin' " on the pricing.

Bill
Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 AM

We are also doing our homework on what cart to buy.
Leaning toward a 4 seater with the flip seat and golf bag option.
Up in the air right now on gas vs electric.
Grandma and grampas carts has been recommended as one of the dealers to ck out.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

If I had to do it again I would get one of the newer ones that have a flip down/up seat that does not look bad at all.
Then when company comes get a rental.
Each to their own choice, but I, personally, can't justify driving around in a stretch 4 seater or having one of each for the occassional availability of visitors.

btk
Old 03-15-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I did search this, but I didn't come up with anything. So I apologize in advance if I'm repeating a topic.
We have been looking at new and used golf carts. We are wondering whether we should go with a 2 seat or 4 seat cart? We are not sure how much company we will have, but we expect our children and grandchildren a few times a year. Your thoughts please...
Ummmmmmmmm!!!!! So many responses, so many variances. I wonder now if you really have a clue of what you should do? Consider this one - a combination of all said. Since you don't sit an extra dinner plate anticipating guests to show up for dinner, or make plans on a daily basis in anticipation of others becoming a part of your plan, it would appear that infrequent visitors might fit into this scheme of things.

I would suggest that your guests might be better suited driving a rental car when they visit, and would probably find it more appealing. I don't know about others, but have you ever experienced viewing on-coming traffic from the rear seat of a golf cart? It appears to me that many riders in the backseat of golf carts look scared to death facing on-coming traffic approaching them. And, don't forget, these are golf carts in a golf cart community, but basically designed for golfing. If you really want to haul more than two people around, use your auto. It's safer and absolutely more comfortable.....
Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 PM

Hi Mike & Val,

A Golf Cart purchase is tough. Makes, Gas, Electric, $$, 2 or 4 Seater? We went through our trial & errors and $ to get where we are today.

I do not know the % of people that own 2 carts in The Villages? I'm guessing everyone had 2 cars previously to becoming Villagers, so it just goes to reason having 2 carts ... seeing how it's the primary means of travel. Here you only need one car and for those that enjoy many of the different activities and clubs separate from their spouses, 2 carts. We have a 15 yrs old son, so we started out with the 4 seater. We do enjoy having guest stay with us, but also the ability for me to go to the pools or SHOPPING. At the same time, son & husband go do their thing (hit golf balls or pickleball) so we purchased the 2 seater as well. We prefer to take the 2 seater when ever possible...sort of like are you going to take the big station wagon or the smaller sports car if it's just the 2 of you. Our Yamaha 4 seater has heavier suspension due to the extra weight it can carry, thus not as smooth a ride as the 2 seater. The 4 seater is a very practical cart, but the majority of your time would having a 2 seater serve your needs? Renting a cart for guest. Then down the road you can decide what next. Again, so many choices.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 AM

Thank you all for your replies. I think we are leaning towards a 2013 Gas with 4 seats and seat belts. Then maybe down the road we will buy one with 2 seats as well.

Last edited by MR&VAF; 03-17-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 AM

Also, why would you buy gas over electric or electric over gas? We just want to make sure we are hearing the right stories from the sales people. We were told the new 2013s gas ones were clean burning, meaning less exhaust. We are also concerned about battery life in an electric cart. How many miles can you travel on batteries? Do the electric ones have enough power for 4 people?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Sage

We have a four-seater electric Columbia Par Car. Par Cars are known for their range, which is why we bought it. We can golf and go to dinner and the indicator shows we still have lots of battery left. I've sat in the back seat of a friend's gas cart, and all I can say is .. never again, the fumes were awful!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I did search this, but I didn't come up with anything. So I apologize in advance if I'm repeating a topic.
We have been looking at new and used golf carts. We are wondering whether we should go with a 2 seat or 4 seat cart? We are not sure how much company we will have, but we expect our children and grandchildren a few times a year. Your thoughts please...
One of each is the way we went
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.