Golf Cart Access to new library 466A

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Gold member
Default Golf Cart Access to new library 466A

The new library is currently unaccessible via golf cart. I heard TV intend to eventually make it so, but is there a way of contacting the Powers That Be, to suggest "sooner", rather than "later'? I only drive a cart, and have to rely on the kindness of others to get me to the library via car
Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Include a comment in your survey response. I would guess it is going to be a while before cart access will be available.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Gold member
Default 2 other libraries to ride to by golf cart

The library on Belvedere and Parr Dr is accessible by golf cart - it's a branch of the Sumter County system, and also the Mark Twain library at Paradise Rec Center (all donations and run by volunteers). Why not use these until the new one is golf cart accessible?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Gold member
Default Belvedere

Thank you for suggesting the golf cart accessible library on Belvedere, and yes, I do use it. However, the new library is very well lighted, and is open and spacious - much easier for me to navigate in. Also there are many large print editions available, and as I am sight impaired, the new library is a good experience for me. I am however, blessed to have choices, and do manage to get to Belvedere on occasions. The use of a golf cart to get around in, was one of the reasons we moved here - my once rather limited way of life now has no bounds. I can ride to my yoga classes whenever I wish, and have even learned to bowl and play golf. So many choices, so little time
Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
Thank you for suggesting the golf cart accessible library on Belvedere, and yes, I do use it. However, the new library is very well lighted, and is open and spacious - much easier for me to navigate in. Also there are many large print editions available, and as I am sight impaired, the new library is a good experience for me. I am however, blessed to have choices, and do manage to get to Belvedere on occasions. The use of a golf cart to get around in, was one of the reasons we moved here - my once rather limited way of life now has no bounds. I can ride to my yoga classes whenever I wish, and have even learned to bowl and play golf. So many choices, so little time
Welcome and enjoy, it's great to hear good things.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

This mornings Daily Sun, on Page A6, has a story that the City of Wildwood was denied permission to give golf cart access across 466A or 44A by the Sumter County Commission. According to the story, the Wildwood City Council says that kills any ideas to make the new library and/or the new government annex building golf cart accessible.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
This mornings Daily Sun, on Page A6, has a story that the City of Wildwood was denied permission to give golf cart access across 466A or 44A by the Sumter County Commission. According to the story, the Wildwood City Council says that kills any ideas to make the new library and/or the new government annex building golf cart accessible.
With the Villages owning all the property along the south of 466A from the Lake County line to the Library, the Library being the only property south of 466A in the City of Wildwood and with there already being two tunnels crossing under 466A, why would this be a problem for access to the Library? A third tunnel woldn't be necessary around the library and The Villages can extend existing GC paths south of 466A to the Library.

I can see a problem for the Brownwood Town Square since it's south of 44A, in the City of Wildwood boundries and 44A would need to be crossed (or tunneled) to reach it. Something doesn't make sense, to me at least!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Smile cart access

There is a tunnel under 466A already a cart path would be needed from Buena vista to library
Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Maybe for Wildwood. TV already has cart access accross 466A near Buena Vista. When home construction begins along Buena Vista, south of 466A there most probably will be a cart path to the new Sumter facility. Why would Sweetbay even be considering a store there if not golf cart accessible? Also, hard to believe TV providing the land for the county facility, if not golf cart accessible by Village residents.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe for Wildwood. TV already has cart access accross 466A near Buena Vista. When home construction begins along Buena Vista, south of 466A there most probably will be a cart path to the new Sumter facility. Why would Sweetbay even be considering a store there if not golf cart accessible? Also, hard to believe TV providing the land for the county facility, if not golf cart accessible by Village residents.
If I'm not mistaken about the location of the county facility, the property for that facility already belongs to Sumter Co. according to the county appraisors GIS map and not TV.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Veteran member

The article said that Sumter County would not let carts cross 466A or 44. In other words the city of Wildwood would have to tunnel to gain access. I think the problem for the city is TV ownes the land on one side of the tunnel, and they will not allow access. If access is given then the city residents could drive their carts on the rec. trails we pay a ammenity fee for each month.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
If I'm not mistaken about the location of the county facility, the property for that facility already belongs to Sumter Co. according to the county appraisors GIS map and not TV.
The developer donated the land for the County bldg to Sumter County. The adjacent land which is currently proposed to have the Sweetbay store is owned by TV.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Gold member
Default Golf cart path

I already use the tunnel under 466A (adjacent to Turtle Mound). The "only" requirement would be a cart path running toward the new library. When Brownwood is built up, perhaps there will be a cart path through one of those villages, if the existing one (toward Colony) is not extended toward Wildwood?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
I already use the tunnel under 466A (adjacent to Turtle Mound). The "only" requirement would be a cart path running toward the new library. When Brownwood is built up, perhaps there will be a cart path through one of those villages, if the existing one (toward Colony) is not extended toward Wildwood?
Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Gold member
Default Janet Tutt says yes

Quoted in today's POA Bulletin (delivered to driveways), the library and county building will eventually be golf-cart accessible, no timetable at this time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.