Golf Cart Access From Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
"Should be" is your opinion. You said they are trespassing. They are not.
My issue is how they are gaining golf cart access to The Villages, if they don't live here. If in fact carts are cutting through grass common areas, I do have an issue with that.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
"Should be" is your opinion. You said they are trespassing. They are not.
I believe they are doing something wrong. They are using paths that they don't contribute to the upkeep of.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am very grateful to the people who upgraded and maintain the golf cart path between Aldi and WalMart near 441, towards which I have contributed nothing.

Maybe if there was more give and take in this World...
Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I am very grateful to the people who upgraded and maintain the golf cart path between Aldi and WalMart near 441, towards which I have contributed nothing.

AND more people respectful of rules.

Yes, I was raised Catholic.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I also agree that it's not OK. The argument that it is just a few is short sighted.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I believe they are doing something wrong. They are using paths that they don't contribute to the upkeep of.
They are doing something wrong Bosoxfan. Your post and observation are fine. I have no dog directly in this fight because I don't know where the problem spot is but I take the spirit of what people say as they are not in a court of law being cross-examined by F Lee Nobody! They are on a Forum which lets us vent but without pointing this out to a person in charge Nada will change.

I wonder how in certain new areas restriction to only Villagers on the Cart Path will be controlled? Should be entertaining to speculate on that issue also!

Congratulations on the move, wish you the best!
Old 03-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I would just like to go to Trailwinds in my golf cart.
Nothing would change, except all villagers could access Trailwinds by cart, instead of getting car out each time they wish to shop there.
Why is "getting car out each time they wish to shop there" any harder than getting the golf cart out to go shopping?
Old 03-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

In the OP, Bosoxfan specifies they're accessing the paths by first driving on the grass. Another poster says he's seen golf carts driving on the grass near Alden Bungalows. I think -this- should be the issue, more than anyone making use of the designated paths. Our combined fees pay a small fortune for the design and upkeep of our public areas. Golf carts rolling over the grassy areas and basically creating their own access path will destroy all that work, and require repair that is just as costly. I'm not even a "lawn" fan, but I at least have enough respect for the fact that this community is built around lawns, to not want to destroy that which our communal fees pay for. What I do with MY personal lawn - should be the limit of my authority. For someone who doesn't live in the villages to change what happens to "our" lawn should be a pretty big deal.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:

But, you do have to go thru a pass gate,,,,,,when the gate isn’t broken.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
So you're saying that anyone who doesn't live in the villages is trespassing as soon as their tires (cart or car?) touch a public street (that is owned by the county) in TV?
I''m aware the county is responsible for the roads within The Villages but does the county also own the cart paths? I thought our HOA maintains the cart paths and the bridges. No???
Old 03-09-2019, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:

Who are the people who upgraded and maintain the cart path between Aldi and Walmart?
Old 03-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I do not want any golf carts in and on The Villages cart paths that are not owned by Villagers. In the last eleven years, more than thirteen people have been killed in Golf Cart accidents and dozens seriously injured. I accept the risk from people who own here but do not encourage Outlanders to drive on our streets and paths.

It would dramatically increase teen drivers who are statistically more dangerous drivers than seniors.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:09 AM
TOTV Moderator

The thread has turned political with several posts in a row removed. It is now closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
wildwood, access, golf, cart, land

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.