Golf Cart Bridge over Turnpike Found!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,222 Posts

They will likely shut down the Turnpike when the bridge is lifted into place.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:18 AM

It would be an interesting video to see drone footage leading from the Everglades Rec Center to Brownwood following the projected multi-modal (cart) path.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlayton View Post
It would be an interesting video to see drone footage leading from the Everglades Rec Center to Brownwood following the projected multi-modal (cart) path.
It's on the list of flights I want to do and is technically achievable (only 3 1/4 miles), there are two hurdles yet to overcome.

The first is being able to maintain a visual line of site on the aircraft, Everglades to the new bridge location is now achievable with the roads that are now open. From the bridge location to Brownwood is much more difficult due to the tree height along the Turnpike. Gaining an access to the middle of the area between the Turnpike and Brownwood to maintain visibility is no longer possible without trespassing, which I won't do. I can't afford the bail for my spotters if they're arrested and would probably lose their services if they picked up a criminal record in the process of helping me out.

Second, while the developer and I don't always see eye-to-eye on what I want to show everyone, I do understand their position on proprietary construction techniques and their desire to weave the story of The Villages as it grows. To this end we have a verbal agreement that I want and intend to honor. This video was only possible because I was able to transit along the Turnpike property right-of-way without endangering cars and people below and still maintain a line of sight of the drone.

Just as soon as it's possible I'll be making the flight. It's the last link in a planned flight between the Mulberry Grove to Fenney Rec Centers.

For now I can tell you that to the untrained eye, they're moving a lot of dirt with little distinguishable or interesting.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-03-2019, 05:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Hi Don,

Thanks for all your great informative videos...I subscribe to your YouTube channel.

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but will the Turnpike be able to stay open during the entire time the bridge is being constructed?
The building of bridges across roadways is done all the time. Normal practice is to shutdown and re-route traffic one direction at a time during the lifts. I don't know if this bridge will be supported in the middle or a single span, either way it will be interesting to watch happen.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-03-2019, 06:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Gaining an access to the middle of the area between the Turnpike and Brownwood to maintain visibility is no longer possible without trespassing, which I won't do. I can't afford the bail for my spotters if they're arrested and would probably lose their services if they picked up a criminal record in the process of helping me out.

Second, while the developer and I don't always see eye-to-eye on what I want to show everyone, I do understand their position on proprietary construction techniques and their desire to weave the story of The Villages as it grows. To this end we have a verbal agreement that I want and intend to honor. This video was only possible because I was able to transit along the Turnpike property right-of-way without endangering cars and people below and still maintain a line of sight of the drone.

Don, so many TVrs enjoy your videos that no doubt - if you encounter an issue (speaking for myself...) would gladly pitch in $$ to assist or for bail money. It's the least we could do given the public service you perform for us. You open our eyes ( and with your commentary) and ears to the goings-on within TV. Reminds me of an old term that we haven't heard for years now - 'build-out'.
Know that you and your hard work are much appreciated.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,222 Posts

These video's with commentary by Don provided enough due diligence for me to have confidence in the Developer and put money down on a lot that to the eye currently is nothing more than sand. Four months before I can even start to talk about what I want to build on the lot. Two years before I planned to move to the community.

I also appreciate how these video's are documenting the history of the development of the community. Truly an amazing story.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
The building of bridges across roadways is done all the time. Normal practice is to shutdown and re-route traffic one direction at a time during the lifts. I don't know if this bridge will be supported in the middle or a single span, either way it will be interesting to watch happen.

Because of the length needed to cover both SB/NB lanes of the Turnpike, I'm betting that they pour a pier (or set a precast) between the lanes...and then close one lane at a time to set each of the two bridge spans.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Because of the length needed to cover both SB/NB lanes of the Turnpike, I'm betting that they pour a pier (or set a precast) between the lanes...and then close one lane at a time to set each of the two bridge spans.
I would agree, especially in light of government efforts to widen the interstate system to a minimum of 3 lanes in each direction.

While the Turnpike isn't an interstate (it's actually SR92) is planning follow suit. Right now north of SR50 to I-75 and south of US192 to Port St. Lucie exit are the only sections of the Turnpike that haven't been widened to 3/3. With 100,000 people a year moving to Florida every year (and increasing) additional widening will be need.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 07-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
I would agree, especially in light of government efforts to widen the interstate system to a minimum of 3 lanes in each direction.

While the Turnpike isn't an interstate (it's actually SR92) is planning follow suit. Right now north of SR50 to I-75 and south of US192 to Port St. Lucie exit are the only sections of the Turnpike that haven't been widened to 3/3. With 100,000 people a year moving to Florida every year (and increasing) additional widening will be need.
, new villages to the south...….will be needed
Old 07-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
, new villages to the south...….will be needed
Right now they just a "Field of Dreams" build it .... they will come.
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, turnpike, villages, sr44, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.