Golf Cart Bridge over Turnpike Found!!!

Golf Cart Bridge over Turnpike Found!!!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-03-2019, 09:08 AM

These video's with commentary by Don provided enough due diligence for me to have confidence in the Developer and put money down on a lot that to the eye currently is nothing more than sand. Four months before I can even start to talk about what I want to build on the lot. Two years before I planned to move to the community.

I also appreciate how these video's are documenting the history of the development of the community. Truly an amazing story.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The building of bridges across roadways is done all the time. Normal practice is to shutdown and re-route traffic one direction at a time during the lifts. I don't know if this bridge will be supported in the middle or a single span, either way it will be interesting to watch happen.

Because of the length needed to cover both SB/NB lanes of the Turnpike, I'm betting that they pour a pier (or set a precast) between the lanes...and then close one lane at a time to set each of the two bridge spans.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Because of the length needed to cover both SB/NB lanes of the Turnpike, I'm betting that they pour a pier (or set a precast) between the lanes...and then close one lane at a time to set each of the two bridge spans.
I would agree, especially in light of government efforts to widen the interstate system to a minimum of 3 lanes in each direction.

While the Turnpike isn't an interstate (it's actually SR92) is planning follow suit. Right now north of SR50 to I-75 and south of US192 to Port St. Lucie exit are the only sections of the Turnpike that haven't been widened to 3/3. With 100,000 people a year moving to Florida every year (and increasing) additional widening will be need.
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Old 07-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I would agree, especially in light of government efforts to widen the interstate system to a minimum of 3 lanes in each direction.

While the Turnpike isn't an interstate (it's actually SR92) is planning follow suit. Right now north of SR50 to I-75 and south of US192 to Port St. Lucie exit are the only sections of the Turnpike that haven't been widened to 3/3. With 100,000 people a year moving to Florida every year (and increasing) additional widening will be need.
, new villages to the south...….will be needed
Old 07-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
, new villages to the south...….will be needed
Right now they just a "Field of Dreams" build it .... they will come.

Tags
bridge, turnpike, villages, sr44, areas