Golf cart bridges sited

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2018, 10:00 AM
Default Golf cart bridges sited

in a fenney facebook site two people said they saw bridge trusses, with the same design and color as the one built at Brownwood pond. one person has two photos of the trusses stopped on cr468. has anybody seen these sections staged near the future bridge sites on sr44 and or by area to cross florida tkpe. sounds like a DRONE spy mission is needed. lets see, who we get to perform said task...…….. hummmmm
Old 12-21-2018, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbydebby View Post
in a fenney facebook site two people said they saw bridge trusses, with the same design and color as the one built at Brownwood pond. one person has two photos of the trusses stopped on cr468. has anybody seen these sections staged near the future bridge sites on sr44 and or by area to cross florida tkpe. sounds like a DRONE spy mission is needed. lets see, who we get to perform said task...…….. hummmmm
You are saying that people have a picture of a couple of trusses or at least wood construction of some kind?

You are wondering if they may be used on a bridge on SR44?

Trusses are used universally in building;

image of building truss - Bing images

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-21-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:31 AM
Default golf cart bridges

it really seems these bridge componets match the new bridge at Brownwood pond to connect fenney to mainland. god hope so..... same color, same style, and the trusses seem to be made of steel...… merry xmas all
Old 12-21-2018, 12:07 PM

I saw the picture too. The trusses were large and made of steel. They were identical to the drawing that was published in the Daily Sun a while back.. It is exciting stuff!
Old 12-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Challenge accepted! I'll get my drones in the air and see what can be seen. I need some additional help though, can you post a copy of the pictures? Where were they seen? Does anyone know where they are now?

I was in the air this post Sunday and filmed this video (12-16 Construction) but I didn't see any sign of bridge work anywhere along the Turnpike. I've also not seen any permit filing for any of the SR44 or SR92 bridges , the only recent filings since this past summer have been for the golf cart bridge on the opposite side of CR468 near the new fire station and the pilings on the south side of SR44 near Brownwood. Nothing yet on the bridge over SR92 (Turnpike), Bailey Bridge, or SR44 at Rohan Rec Center.

The closest indication of the possible location of the northern bridge over the Turnpike is at about 4:37 on the video were you can see the cleared area going around the power lines and angled towards and up to the Turnpike property. This location is consistent with drawings that have been published of the area
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 12-21-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Several months ago there was something in the paper stating that the bridge would indeed cross the Turnpike near the power lines. I would assume that it has not changed at this point. The other was supposed to be at the cattle bridge near the service plaza? Another question. They have cleared an enormous amount of land east of the Turnpike and north of Warm Springs. Am I right in assuming that this is going to be retail space as it is not being groomed in the same way residential areas have been?
Old 12-22-2018, 05:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Several months ago there was something in the paper stating that the bridge would indeed cross the Turnpike near the power lines. I would assume that it has not changed at this point. The other was supposed to be at the cattle bridge near the service plaza? Another question. They have cleared an enormous amount of land east of the Turnpike and north of Warm Springs. Am I right in assuming that this is going to be retail space as it is not being groomed in the same way residential areas have been?
The area is known as Phase 8a or Phase 4 depending on the documents you look at. A portion of which is designated as commercial (River Birch Plaza) the rest of it is undesignated by any drawings made publicly available. In the 1st picture below you see the River Birch Plaza and the main road coming down from Brownwood. The 2nd picture is a little wider view and shows the extent of the commercial areas planned in yellow.

I am still scratching my head about the golf cart path route. Why build all the way up to the roadway and the bridge in the deliberate manner shown? That little parcel of land right next to the bridge can't be built on because it's a part of the embankment structure of the bridge/roadway. Perhaps they've found a special use for the extra roadbed width of the new north bridge. Looking at the current maps one will have to take the MMP north about 1 1/2 miles and then south again just to cross the Turnpike in a golf cart, or of course you could go south to the Baily bridge, 2 miles, and do the same thing. Might as well take the car. Neither MMP seems a very good plan, and good planning has been a hallmark of this developer for several decades now, how uncharacteristic of them. Maybe they have something planned that hasn't been announced yet.

If you look at time 5:50 on the video you can see the pond and area were the MMP is supposed to be built next to the intersection, still a big height difference and steep slope. And there is a lot of open space between CR468 and the Everglades Rec Center. If you look at picture 2 you also see the MMP that wraps around the retention pond behind Everglades RC, not a very good nature walk along the Turnpike.

Just some food for thought...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	105 2018-12-22 04.59.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	77885   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	104 2018-12-22 04.57.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	77886  
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 12-22-2018, 06:57 AM

having hard time sending photos of golf cart bridge. its in the fenney facebook site. can someone send out those pics. the person said the truck was stopped in left lane of 468 just shy of the tpke bridge where 468 crosses. thanks for all you do
Old 12-22-2018, 07:23 AM

hard to believe 650 views and only two people saw the photos, and no one has seen the trusses along the road. its becoming quite the spy mission. still stuck on long island, 39 days away from desoto. hoping our top spy can get to the bottom of this
Old 12-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Just looked at Fenney Faceache site, and it is a closed site, for Fenney residents only.
Us north of Fenney residents are not invited.
Build the wall!
Old 12-22-2018, 08:53 AM

Here's one of the photos...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1545486272099.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	77891  
Old 12-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Default fenney facebook

just join...… love the wall
Old 12-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Default thanks for post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Here's one of the photos...
send more.....thanks
Old 12-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
hard to believe 650 views and only two people saw the photos, and no one has seen the trusses along the road. its becoming quite the spy mission. still stuck on long island, 39 days away from desoto. hoping our top spy can get to the bottom of this
I remember that you were quite concerned that you may have been foxed by the developers. You could not find any evidence of golf cart paths being connected to the contiguous areas of The Villages. You could not find any paper trail of requests to build such things and many of us reassured you repeatedly that they would be built and that the Morses were quite dependable to execute the published plans.

I am here again to reassure you that a bridge will be built over all roads that need to be crossed so that you can drive your golf cart up to Brownwood and beyond.

Good things are coming. Patience, Grasshhopper.

Merry Christmas. Hurry home.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:00 AM
Default merry merry

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I remember that you were quite concerned that you may have been foxed by the developers. You could not find any evidence of golf cart paths being connected to the contiguous areas of The Villages. You could not find any paper trail of requests to build such things and many of us reassured you repeatedly that they would be built and that the Morses were quite dependable to execute the published plans.

I am here again to reassure you that a bridge will be built over all roads that need to be crossed so that you can drive your golf cart up to Brownwood and beyond.

Good things are coming. Patience, Grasshhopper.

Merry Christmas. Hurry home.
best of holidays to you and yours
Closed Thread

Tags
trusses, bridge, cross, cart, florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.