Maintenance Cost of a Villa

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Default Maintenance Cost of a Villa

I have a friend who may be forced to sell his designer home and purchase a 1 (preferably) or 2 bedroom villa. He wants to compare maintenance costs. Can anyone let me know what such costs would be (gas, electric, water/sewer, homeowner's ins., property taxes, lawn/shrub maintenance & insect control and anything else you can think of) on a villa (again, he's hoping to find a 1 bedroom, but I know they are scarce)? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Default Re: Maintenance Cost of a Villa

Is he caught in the credit crunch?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Don't know the whole story, but would assume so.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Eternal Member

There is a 1/1/1.5 listed for sale here in the Real Estate section.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:07 PM

Yes, noticed that. Don't know if it is the one that has been on the market for several months (reason????). At any rate, he would have to sell first. Still hoping to get a feel for maintenance costs in order to make a sound decision. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:31 PM

Bryant,

I'm the owner of the one-bedroom, one-bath patio villa that's advertised on this website in the free classifieds under "For Sale by Owner". It's only been on the market a short time, not several months.

My maintenance costs are:

$132.34 Monthly amenity fees to District 5 (this is the new 2008 amount)
$ 65.00 Approx. monthly cost of Electric & Gas
(Central heat, water heater, range & clothes dryer are gas)
$ 55.00 Approx. monthly for water, sewer, sprinkler system, & garbage pickup
$ 35.00 Monthly for Lawn - cutting, edging, etc. (does not incl. weed pulling)
$ 55.83 Monthly for Comcast Cable TV
$ 80.00 Monthly for Embarq Local, Unlimited Long Distance & High Speed Internet

$ 120.00 Yearly for Massey Termite bond (can be transferred to new owner)
$ 783.00 (year of 2007 Homeowners Insurance)
$1500.00 (year 2006 Sumter Co property tax) (includes Villages Bond, Maint, & Fire)

I do the work myself as far as fertilizing the lawn and pest control. Saves a bunch.
The only other maintenance I can think of is to have the heat/air cond. system maintained (either once or twice per year) and having the house vinyl siding washed (approx $50 if you hire it done) - cost of water & a little bleach if you do it yourself.

The only repair I've needed was to have the carpet restretched due to a few wrinkles.
Other than that - pretty much maintenance free.

Hope this helps. Maybe you'll take the time to check out my patio villa. It's almost 1,000 sq. ft. with extra spacious bedroom and living areas - only 5 ft. shorter in length than the two bedroom Colony model.

Donna

Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 PM

Thank you so much for the info. I thought the villa referred to was one listed with Villages Realty and has been for a while now. I will pass this along.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:01 AM

Bryant,

Patio Villa (1BR) For Sale By Owner here again. To give you an idea of my house location - It is south of 466 in Clayton Villas in the Village of Ashland. Churchill Downs Recreation Center is about a block or so away and less than 1/2 mile either to Ashland Pool or LynnHaven Pool. It's less than 2 miles to Publix at the Southern Trace Shopping Center and less than 3 miles to the new Walmart on 466. It's about 3 miles to Lake Sumter Landing Town Square.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you or your friend might have about living here.

Donna
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.