Golf Cart Connection

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Golf Cart Connection

Travelstiles
We also were in a quandry to buy electric vs gas but I have to tell you the "electric" rebuilt Club Car from Golf Car connection has plently of pickup and torque for hills. I can easily pass most electric and some gas models out there. My biggest problem is that I forget to plug it in at night and I have even gotten up in the middle of the night to plug it in...but im sure "charging" will become second nature after I own and use the cart for a while.

Bubba..and this is from a person born and raised in Scranton Pa...home of "The Office" reunion.!!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Sign me up as another satisfied Golf Cart Connection customer! :bigthumbsup: Just got back from a week at TV and bought a Club Car. Warranty made me feel better than buying a used one from someone. They took the old 2001 EZGO I had as a trade-in. Really like the newer one. Worked with Michelle also, and she was great! No pressure and knowledgeable.

Becky
Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have heard a lot of good comments on Golf Cart connection, Jan you should take this thread there and see if they want to advertise here.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Becky
Glad to hear you were able to work a deal with Michelle and were pleased with the outcome. Just curious, how do they handle trade-ins??? Is it like buying a car with a trade-in??

Golfnut
When I was buying my cart at Colf Cart Connection, I mentioned this site to Michelle and Tim the Sales Manager and the positive comments GCC was receiving. I was told that all marketing expenses are handled out of the Mt Dora location, but it would not bea bad idea to check with Tim first and have him on your side or even to make your pitch.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Veteran member

784caroline, Yes it was just like a car trade. Told her the year, what kind, serial number. Had new tires and batteries. Michelle checked with someone and told me what they would give me for it. Had only had it a few months but just didn't feel comfortable with it. Connections gave me what I paid for it and deducted that from purchase price. Picked it up when they delivered new one. Very easy to deal with.

I also mentioned TOTV to Michelle. She said several people had mentioned it to her and she had gotten on and read what everyone was saying. Would be nice if they would advertize here!

Also Michelle said GCC has a policy that if you buy from them on a recommendation from a previous buyer, GCC gives the original buyer a $25 gift certificate! I hadn't heard that before.

Becky
Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM

Welcome to the "I can go faster than you crowd". GCC should realize that it is illegal to sell carts which exceed the limit of 19 1/2 mph. Shows just how much fear the local dealers have for law enforcement. And, of course, just how much respect buyers have when they order a cart which exceeds the legal speed limit. Be sure to let your ten year old grandson/granddaughter drive your cart and tell them how fast grandpa can go when he passes the other legal carts.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 11-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

Cliff, believe me- I am not trying to go faster than others. Just want to make it up the hills!

Becky
Old 11-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Cliff
I have no idea how fast my new cart can go (15, 19, or 23 MPH), I have no speedometer. I can tell you it has pick up and torque to go up hills and yes I can pass slower golf carts. As Becky said, I also definitely wanted something that can climb hills and as far as the slower carts I can pass, for alll I know they are only 36 volt, have older batteries, have no high speed (legal) gear, are carrying more weight, or simply they are leisurely drivers taking their time.

Golf Cart Connection never stated or implied (to me) that their carts can go in excess of any particular speed limit and it is not something you can judge before you purchase the cart (I did my test drive in ther back of a parking lot). I think you are wrong to infer that GCC is doing something illegal. For that matter, I think you are wrong to accuse people of not respecting the law because they buy a golf cart from ANY dealer because they "claim" it goes faster than other carts. There are alot of variables in speed as I tried to highlight above.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Sage

Great point 784!

My car can go faster than 65 MPH but it is up to me to keep it to that speed if that is what the laws call for.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

all true russ and 784, I have a friend who's cart is pretty fast, mainly use the extra speed to get around the realllly slow carts, then back down to normal speed and stay in line and follow the crowd. Good point on the fact that cars can go considerably faster than any speed limit, it's up to the operator to use common sense.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Platinum member

I read somewhere (probably on the web--and you know how accurate the web is!!!) that for every two inch increase in tire size, your golf cart will go 3 mph faster. The basic cart comes with 8" wheels. So if this info is accurate, 12"' wheels would give you a 6 mph advantage without tinkering with the governor or opting for high-speed gears. George
Old 11-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

unless the cart is lifted I don't think 12" tires will fit.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

George
Interesting comment about oversize wheels potentially contributing to an increase of MPH. However I understand the reverse may also be true in that initial pickup or torque may be reduced. If you find the article or source let me know!!

Golfnut....yes a cart needs to be lifted for 12 inch tires.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff
Welcome to the "I can go faster than you crowd". GCC should realize that it is illegal to sell carts which exceed the limit of 19 1/2 mph. Shows just how much fear the local dealers have for law enforcement. And, of course, just how much respect buyers have when they order a cart which exceeds the legal speed limit. Be sure to let your ten year old grandson/granddaughter drive your cart and tell them how fast grandpa can go when he passes the other legal carts.
If your reply is accurate then why do car manufacturers build cars to speeds in excess of 100+MPH when the speed limits are at 65 & 70 MPH.

I bought my club car at GCC and they don't sell speeds they sell carts. The stock cart is set up for 19.0 MPH. You the buyer can have them put in a higher RPM motor instead for climbing them hills. Thats what gives the higher speeds, not them. Also those same motors can be recalculated by someone in the know to max out at even higher speeds. Some claim 30+MPH.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 PM

So, now the reason people want the souped-up motors is for climbing hills. What hills? There are a few inclines here in TV but only one or two (what you might call) hills. The Sheriff enforces a law which says that if your non-street legal and unregistered cart exceeds 19 1/2mph, you get a ticket. And, in order to boost the fine, they now want to forget the speeding ticket ($180+) and charge the driver with driving an unregistered vehicle (which carries a larger fine, takes the vehicle off the road, and requires a drive to the county courthouse for an appearance before a judge). Now, if you want to climb hills faster the legal carts, and you can measure your speed to make sure you don't go 20mph on the streets of TV, you go right ahead and do it. As for me, I'll keep to the legal cart which gives me about 19mph and a little less power on the inclines in order to keep out of the courts, keep my insurance premiums low, and keep my good driving record. Who do you think you are kidding by saying you put the high speed motor in your cart in order to climb hills???????????
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.