Golf cart connectivity south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
All plans don’t come in on time, for various reasons. I questioned the use of the word “promise”.
I believe the Developers lack of communictions is because he views this site as a source of entertainment. There is probably a contest in the board room for the most outlandish post on here, the post closest to the facts and the post for the most clueless . It's his game, he plays it well, provides and outstanding product and the majority that live here are satisfied. In non COVID 19 times all amenitites are open to all and it boggles the mind that people are inconvienenced because they may have to drive in a car for 10 minutes to have fun.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-14-2020, 03:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

[QUOTE=JoMar;1765050]I believe the Developers lack of communictions is because he views this site as a source of entertainment. There is probably a contest in the board room for the most outlandish post on here, the post closest to the facts and the post for the most clueless . It's his game, he plays it well, provides and outstanding product and the majority that live here are satisfied. In non COVID 19 times all amenitites are open to all and it boggles the mind that people are inconvienenced because they may have to drive in a car for 10 minutes to have fun.[/QUOTE
Old 05-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
OF COURSE WE ARE !!
It's a mini road trip for entertainment..
Half the fun of living here is to scout about in the cart.
Try it, you might like it..
Folks will do it once, do it twice, maybe three times. After that....nah.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
I can’t wait to drive to OIA! 🤪
Golf cart connectivity will be the top topic of conversation!
Old 05-14-2020, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisgavin View Post
I live in Mallory and will definitely be making a road trip when the bridges are finished just for the heck of it.
We live in Mallory and have been to Brownwood once in our golf cart. Always take the car. Not interested at all to go to the southern Villages in a golf cart. Waaaaaaay too far to go in a golf cart. But that is just us.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:10 AM

It took them 20 minuts to move the bridge over 44
Old 05-15-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claylayer View Post
My husband and were talking about this. We think that IF they complete the bridge by Chitty Chatty first, it could be because that neighborhood has no access to any golf course or amenities from their golf cart. Just a thought because the other neighborhoods south of 44 all have access to golf courses, a Rec. Center and the Finney Grill. Time will tell. Have a great day and stay safe!
looks to me like they are building a golf course there now.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:21 AM

I've lived in DeSoto for 1-1/2 years and love it. We are in our third home in TV, spanning 11 years, and it's the best place yet. I have heard very few complaints about the "delayed" delivery of MMP access to the north. Most residents here appreciate the quiet evenings, lack of traffic, and the most attractive building sites. There are no "broken" promises involved because no promises were ever made. The "projections" by the sales / marketing groups were simply overly-optimistic. Patience, buttercups, we will all be connected at some point, and be free to fire up the golf carts and travel north to join our fellow Villagers. In the meantime, enjoy the A/C cars, higher speed limits, etc., and please find a new topic to waste your thoughts on. This constant whining does not increase the value of any property in The Villages (including your's) and seems very petty. Until you have developed an equally successful facility, be grateful for the "family" that is doing a great job in general.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
I've lived in DeSoto for 1-1/2 years and love it. We are in our third home in TV, spanning 11 years, and it's the best place yet. I have heard very few complaints about the "delayed" delivery of MMP access to the north. Most residents here appreciate the quiet evenings, lack of traffic, and the most attractive building sites. There are no "broken" promises involved because no promises were ever made. The "projections" by the sales / marketing groups were simply overly-optimistic. Patience, buttercups, we will all be connected at some point, and be free to fire up the golf carts and travel north to join our fellow Villagers. In the meantime, enjoy the A/C cars, higher speed limits, etc., and please find a new topic to waste your thoughts on. This constant whining does not increase the value of any property in The Villages (including your's) and seems very petty. Until you have developed an equally successful facility, be grateful for the "family" that is doing a great job in general.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Can anybody explain why some people feel that they have to drive a golf cart everywhere ??
The open air cart is a completely different experience than driving in a car with the windows all open. It just is. Wild life can be appreciated more in an open air golf cart. My first venture from Mallory Square to Lake Miona Rec Center, I emerged from the tunnel to see two sand hill cranes just a couple of yards from my cart. I gasped in excitement. They were beautiful up close. Ever since then, I can really appreciate riding in the golf cart as a unique experience here in The Villages. Love the tunnel system. Genius!

Tags
bridge, finished, marsh, bend, fall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.