Golf cart connectivity south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2020, 07:00 AM
Default Of course we are !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
People can't be seriously planning on driving golf carts all the way from down south.
OF COURSE WE ARE !!
It's a mini road trip for entertainment..
Half the fun of living here is to scout about in the cart.
Try it, you might like it..
Old 05-07-2020, 07:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyarchik View Post
Have they forgotten about Marsh Bend and Fenny?
Yeah, pretty much.

The action these days is in Chitty Chatty and Bradford, which will soon be connected to the rest of The Villages. After these new and exciting areas are complete, they will eventually get back to Marsh Bend.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:05 AM

Our husband / wife realtor team told us two years ago the bridge would be open last Fall, late Fall, early 2020, mid-2020, now December 2020 (joke), etc. The truth of the matter is The Villages sold us a vision without backing it up. Chitty Chatty, Bradford, and St. ?? will be connected before us in Marsh Bend. Also, look for the unnamed subdivision(s) along Meggison Road to be completed before anyone will be allowed to cross over our bridge. It will be at least a year or more before any meaningful sign of connection to Brownwood and the rest of The Villages. I hear there is a lawsuit filed. I would like to know for sure.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

I sympathize with the OP and would probably be mildly exasperated myself if I lived there.

Construction projects small and large are very often (almost always?) delayed so on one hand it's not surprising at all, but on the other, this is The Villages where build schedules are typically quite precise. Makes me wonder what caused their projections to be so far off -- delays with the Department of Transportation or other State agencies, perhaps?

The salespeople were just relaying what they had been told so I can't really blame them. There's no need for them to adopt hard sell tactics around here.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:09 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
For many the golfcart lifestyle is a major factor in their decision and they purchased a home below the turnpike based on that promise. I met someone at Millers who was very upset about it and wished he had never moved in.

So did The Villages realty intentionally lie to persuade people to purchase a home? I am interested in others thoughts who are better informed than me. Also what assurances about the Publix were made regarding the completion date?
I don’t think the sales staff intentionally lied, but they were certainly given poor information. I won’t go so far as saying the developers lied to them, but they certainly gave them best case scenario info without explaining the potential caveats. This has always been the case. When we bought in early 2012 they told us build-out would be by 2017. Well, there is still no end in sight. We were hoping that build-out would help secure our home value and keep TV from becoming so large it loses the atmosphere that attracted us here. It’s clear now that there will never be an end to the expansion.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyarchik View Post
My husband and I moved to Marsh Bend from St Charles a year ago.

Moved May 2019.................wasn't it extremely obvious the bridge & shopping would not be done by September???
Old 05-07-2020, 07:14 AM

Take what the sales person says with a pound of salt. They are not bound by any statements unless its in writing. Its like when you go buy a car - all the sales huffing and puffing comes down to the agreement of sale
Old 05-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
When we bought in early 2012 they told us build-out would be by 2017.
Ah, the good old days of build-out speculation and angry comments. We were so quaint.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
People can't be seriously planning on driving golf carts all the way from down south.

I can’t wait to drive to OIA! 🤪
Old 05-07-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY D View Post
Finally good to hear someone respond to everyone complaining about what they are being denied during this virus outbreak. At times hear selfish complaints about being denied golf ,pickle ball and other things and pay less attention to safety and what we need to do to be safe. Nice to hear someone that is concerned about others who are meeting some serious challenges with this virus and includes not being able to work to pay bills and put food on the table. Maybe because most who live here are retired and on a pension don't have to worry about anything other than their favorite sport. Far as Fenny goes that is like being told the check is in the mail. Do you blame the builder or the Village realtor who sold you your place. Thanks again for your concern for others in your posting. By the way they may be putting the bridge in as the other one which still is not finished. When is the last time anyone heard anything from the builder. Most information I've been getting is from the person who fly's the drone around.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 05-07-2020, 07:27 AM

I live in Mallory and will definitely be making a road trip when the bridges are finished just for the heck of it.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Moved May 2019.................wasn't it extremely obvious the bridge & shopping would not be done by September???
Moved July 2018. We’d been told for awhile before that (almost 2 years?), that the bridge would be done by early 2020. Made the decision to not believe it until we saw it! Couldn’t be happier where we are...
Old 05-07-2020, 07:32 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Yeah, pretty much.

The action these days is in Chitty Chatty and Bradford, which will soon be connected to the rest of The Villages. After these new and exciting areas are complete, they will eventually get back to Marsh Bend.
How do you know that Chitty Chatty & Bradford will be connected soon? Do you have any verification for that statement? Yes the bridge went up last night but it'll be some time before golf cart traffic is going over it.

Have I missed something about Marsh Bend? May 5th I drove through the village of Marsh Bend, it appeared to me that it was almost completely built out. Yes there were a few lots waiting to be built but those most likely are custom designed homes and not SPEC homes.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:35 AM

Let's face it, the people down south got the shaft. The best part of the Villages is getting around in a golf cart, why anyone would buy down there beats me.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:37 AM

The homes are being sold at a discount to make up for the inconvenience. The less people that move in the more of a discount, sit tight it will all be worth your wait. When the 4th square is built there will be no need to cross over. I do Agree with shopping options, you have non , that’s unfortunate and needs to be addressed ASAP.
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, finished, marsh, bend, fall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.