Golf Cart Damage

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Default Golf Cart Damage

On Thursday evening, May 20, we drove to Lake Sumter Landing in our golf cart to see a movie, then to Lighthouse Point for dinner. We didn't notice until the following Saturday that our golf cart had been damaged so much that the side bars to the back facing seat had been disconnected from the foot rest, requiring the whole back end, including the seat, to be replaced. Of course, no note was left by the person who caused the damage. Fortunately, insurance covers it, but the insurance company is attempting find this person and recover the deductible. All we know is that it was a red vehicle because paint was left behind on one of the side bars. Apparently someone probably backed into our cart and drove away because maybe nobody was around to see or hear it after dark.
So, did you or someone in your household or neighborhood come home in a red vehicle with fresh damage that evening? Maybe you remember doing this or maybe you were too impaired to notice. In any case, if you realize it was yourself, is it within you to find a conscience and come forward and admit it? If so, please reply to this post privately. If not, I hope you don't do this again. We're not looking for anything outside of what the insurance covers, so please don't think we're after anything else, even though we're without our golf cart for about a month.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

I think there cameras all around squares. I would look and see if camera with view where you parked? I alway walk around my vehicle when parked in crowed area before I leave.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,898 Times in 913 Posts

If the person backed into it, they may or may not have noticed, or thought that is was anything more than a bump.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:18 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkharp@me.com View Post
So, did you or someone in your household or neighborhood come home in a red vehicle with fresh damage that evening? .
Nope
Old 06-09-2021, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Anonymous calls - Don't know - seems to be against villages rules
Old 06-09-2021, 08:31 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Stan-the-man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Anonymous calls - Don't know - seems to be against villages rules
who mentioned anonymous calls. No it's not against any rules here and besides most phones display the numbers coming into your phone.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, insurance, damage, covers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.