Golf Cart hit and Run

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Default Golf Cart hit and Run

Please watch for a purple 2 seater golf cart with damage to the front end. On Tuesday, June 4 at 9:50 am I was driving north on Morse Blvd in the turning lane towards 441 when a purple golf cart with a woman driver ran into the driver side of my car, a gold chevy equinox. She backed up, drove around the back of my car and drove away before I had time to get out of my car. If you see a purple cart with front end damage, please pm me or call the Sumter County Sheriff department.

I know it shouldn’t surprise me, but I can’t believe people don’t take responsibility for their actions.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Platinum member

She was probably fleeing a certain DUI
Old 06-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Sage

Time, for some kind of ID on golf carts
Old 06-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
This will probably make me very unpopular, but I really believe that carts should all be licensed and that anyone driving one anyplace other than on his or her own private property should be required to have a drivers license. The idea that young teenagers and seniors who have had to give up their licenses due to poor vision or physical condition can drive golf carts is ridiculous. It is a miracle that more people are not injured in cart accidents.

kathy
Old 06-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaked View Post
Please watch for a purple 2 seater golf cart with damage to the front end. On Tuesday, June 4 at 9:50 am I was driving north on Morse Blvd in the turning lane towards 441 when a purple golf cart with a woman driver ran into the driver side of my car, a gold chevy equinox. She backed up, drove around the back of my car and drove away before I had time to get out of my car. If you see a purple cart with front end damage, please pm me or call the Sumter County Sheriff department.

I know it shouldn’t surprise me, but I can’t believe people don’t take responsibility for their actions.
I would call your insurance company. You do not state the damage to your car. I'm sure you will get all kinds of conflicting advice re: laws etc. My opinion and life experience. Fair, right, wrong, morals legal and who has money are too often in conflict.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default You are not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
This will probably make me very unpopular, but I really believe that carts should all be licensed and that anyone driving one anyplace other than on his or her own private property should be required to have a drivers license. The idea that young teenagers and seniors who have had to give up their licenses due to poor vision or physical condition can drive golf carts is ridiculous. It is a miracle that more people are not injured in cart accidents.

kathy
Seems in the op the golf cart was purple. Imagine if it was a red Yamaha. A report-I was hit by a red Yamaha. At minimal cost, they should all have a number on them. Surely, some will object. A nominal fee could be charged to cover the cost of the uniform stickers that would prevent duplicate issued numbers, fake numbers etc. Wheel locks and fines would force compliance.

Cart accidents? My view is even the term accident is false.
Most, "accidents," are avoidable.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Having the individual licensed isn't helpful, because so many people let their guests use the carts, and why would an out-of-state visitor only there for a couple of days, make an effort to own up to responsibility when they caused it in the first place?

Attach ownership of the cart to ownership of the property. Make it part of a universal deed compliance regulation. It can be identified by color on the bumper with some kind of prominent sticker, to direct observers/witnesses/victims to district, or village, or region. Make it easy to narrow it down, if not flat-out identify it fully.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Platinum member

//////

Last edited by patfla06; 06-07-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

kathy
I'm with you, Kathy, 100%. It's long, long overdue.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage

We saw an "accident" aka "big mistake" happen a few weeks ago on Bonita in front of the Largo District Office. A man in a golf cart suddenly decided to make a U-turn and collided with a moving car. He had two passengers with him. For some reason they remained in the cart. The impact knocked him into the street and tore one of the wheels off the cart.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:

kathy
You too will be old someday if you live long enough.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Why, if they drive off where you can’t see what good will that do. Just cause you don’t own cart don’t mean the rest of us want added cost or red tape
Old 06-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Sage

Quote:

kathy
got news for you, just cause you have driver’s license don’t mean you can drive regardless of what age
Old 06-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
We saw an "accident" aka "big mistake" happen a few weeks ago on Bonita in front of the Largo District Office. A man in a golf cart suddenly decided to make a U-turn and collided with a moving car. He had two passengers with him. For some reason they remained in the cart. The impact knocked him into the street and tore one of the wheels off the cart.

And? Accident’s are direct results of bad driving, stupid drivers. That’s NOT going way any time soon.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasetti82 View Post
You too will be old someday if you live long enough.
... and if I have my license taken away because I can't see I shouldn't be driving a golf cart.

k.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, purple, car, golf, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.