Golf Cart insurance

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Default Re: Golf Cart insurance

Just purchased a policy from AAA. The cost was $60 per year for good coverage.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Golfnut, Yes we did buy from ezgo factory store. 2008 gas they were really great to us. What sold it was a noise supression kit they installed that made it very quite at cruise (20mph) speed. Cart has the ST utility cart front end. We were torn between EZGO and Golf Cart connection.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

After checking out Club Car, Yamaha and EZGO I also thought their gas cart was smoother (they have 2 cylinders) and quieter than the others, if/when we get a second cart and it is gas I too will go with EZGO.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM

Golfnut, Be sure to ask for the noise suppression kit. It does make a difference.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Do you know what the kit is made up of?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:08 AM

Initially i thought it was some kind of attachment to the muffler. When they delivered the cart I found out that it is some kind of heat resistant foam that is lining the engine compartment and on the seat bottom. Works pretty good. My wife wears hearing aids and we are able to carry on a conversation.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Interesting, that makes sense, thanks Bama..
Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline
JTDRAIG
USAA wanted $165 every 6 months for total coverage on my auto policy!!

I just got golf cart insurance from the Villages Insurance in Spanish Springs. Liability, Comprehense, and Collision (w/ minimal deductible for $70 a YEAR......I could not believe the difference!! AT Villages Insurance they will ask you for your SSN, the cost of the Cart, VIN number as well as year and model.

I found out that USAA as well as many other insurers rate a golf cart under automobile rates whereas the Villages has a company that rates a golf cart as a recertional vechicle not subject to state licensing or insurance requirements. In addition if you ever do file a claim against you auto policy for a golf cart incident and its your fault, that will be mark against your auto policy and your total rates are likely to rise. Going with the villages was a no brainer even though I have everything else with USAA.
Thanks for the tip. Although mine is $120 per year, I am obviously off to the Villages Insurance today to change it. You gotta love this forum.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 11-12-2007, 02:47 PM

Do you have a phone number for Villages Insurance??? Please provided if you dont mind.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Lake Sumter Landing is 751-6622 (352)
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 11-12-2007, 03:36 PM

Thank you.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Veteran member

Thanks to 784Caroline, I did, in fact, go down to The Villages Insurance. My quote was $62.00 for even better insurance than USAA so I scooped it up and cancelled USAA.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ :bigthumbsup:

Re: Golf Cart insurance
Quote from: 784caroline on November 08, 2007, 05:28:34 PM
JTDRAIG
USAA wanted $165 every 6 months for total coverage on my auto policy!!

I just got golf cart insurance from the Villages Insurance in Spanish Springs. Liability,
Comprehense, and Collision (w/ minimal deductible for $70 a YEAR......I could not believe the difference!! AT Villages Insurance they will ask you for your SSN, the cost of the Cart, VIN number as well as year and model.

I found out that USAA as well as many other insurers rate a golf cart under automobile rates whereas the Villages has a company that rates a golf cart as a recertional vechicle not subject to state licensing or insurance requirements. In addition if you ever do file a claim against you auto policy for a golf cart incident and its your fault, that will be mark against your auto policy and your total rates are likely to rise. Going with the villages was a no brainer even though I have everything else with USAA.

Thanks for the tip. Although mine is $120 per year, I am obviously off to the Villages Insurance today to change it. You gotta love this forum.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

jtdraig, what type and levels of coverage do you get for $62/year.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 AM

Golfnut, On my policy it states the value of the cart, and I have a $250 deductable for collision and comprehensive.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

Got our golf cart insurance through AAA in Lady Lake. They deal with Progressive Insurance, and the $60.62 rate is not bad. I too have USAA for my cars, but Progressive for my motorcycle and now the Golf Cart.

AAA was very friendly and timely, and also got my homeowners based on their accessibllity (Called Villages Ins. several times when I was looking for h/o, and they didn't call me back for 4 days).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.