Golf Cart Parking Courtesy

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Default parking

maybe the cart was there first.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Sage

I'm in a club car with doors. the doors swing outward about a foot to open. Just as in a car you need enough space to open the door to get in, so do we who have doors on the cart. I won't be parking double as there is often not room left by other cart parkers to open my doors. Don't scowl at me please.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

As long as I am ambulatory, I will park my car at the far end of the parking lot. You all can have more room to park your carts. I won't encroach on your space nor you on mine. Quicker to exit, also.

Some parking lots have designated cart parking areas, or so I'm told. that might make it easier for all.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Default Another viewpoint

I have another view on this golf cart parking. I travel throughout the villages as a driver for my elderly parents who also live here. On numerous occasions, we park their Buick Lacrosse, get out ok, but on return to the car, find that two carts have parked next to us staggered and having parked in such a way that we can barely get into the car cause the cart wheels are right on the white line. My parents on up in years, using canes for balance and one can hardly open the door fully when the cart infringes on the space between us. Many times this has happened and we do use the handicap spots where no problem exists, except many times there're all full. So, since we are to treat our carts like cars when traveling about, why must those that use only one spot to park in that its somehow a violation of friendly cart rules? is it so wrong? Only one car per parking spot, then one cart is friendly to myself and parents when parking about the villages.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I'm in a club car with doors. the doors swing outward about a foot to open. Just as in a car you need enough space to open the door to get in, so do we who have doors on the cart. I won't be parking double as there is often not room left by other cart parkers to open my doors. Don't scowl at me please.
kittygilchrist: We won't scowl you because you take up one parking spot. Instead we will scowl you for getting a cart with a door that swings straight out and forces you to take up one full parking space.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschdm58 View Post
I have another view on this golf cart parking. I travel throughout the villages as a driver for my elderly parents who also live here. On numerous occasions, we park their Buick Lacrosse, get out ok, but on return to the car, find that two carts have parked next to us staggered and having parked in such a way that we can barely get into the car cause the cart wheels are right on the white line. My parents on up in years, using canes for balance and one can hardly open the door fully when the cart infringes on the space between us. Many times this has happened and we do use the handicap spots where no problem exists, except many times there're all full. So, since we are to treat our carts like cars when traveling about, why must those that use only one spot to park in that its somehow a violation of friendly cart rules? is it so wrong? Only one car per parking spot, then one cart is friendly to myself and parents when parking about the villages.
Carts are so easily pushed out of the way and into the street. Let the Sheriff tow them.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-22-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Carts are so easily pushed out of the way and into the street. Let the Sheriff tow them.
At the very least you could easily be charged with attempting to steal the cart...best to keep all hands off another person's property for many reasons.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I think some signs for the parking lots
around the Squares would help educate us all on what the custom is.

A picture of two carts in a space would also help.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post

Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschdm58 View Post
I understand what you are saying, but keep in mind that without double golf cart parking you would have a more difficult time finding a parking spot close by and your parents would have to walk twice as far. Perhaps when there are no handicap spaces available you could drop off/pick up your parents at the door. That's what I do when I'm driving folks who are mobility impaired. I think the occasional, random problems encountered due to double parking of golf carts are far outweighed by the benefits of double golf cart parking.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
kittygilchrist: We won't scowl you because you take up one parking spot. Instead we will scowl you for getting a cart with a door that swings straight out and forces you to take up one full parking space.
well thrown dart. ouch.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post

Surely you jest!! Signs have not helped people learn how to navigate the traffic circles. What makes you think they would help people with learning how to park?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.