Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2020, 01:13 PM
Default Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend

We moved to Marsh Bend in May 2019 and were told by our agent that the golf cart path to Brownwood and the shops, would be built by spring of 2020. We only have one car and a golf cart so if one of us has the car the other one has no access to food or doctors. Does anyone know the actual dates the path and shops WILL be built, or who can tell us?
Old 03-06-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyarchik View Post
We moved to Marsh Bend in May 2019 and were told by our agent that the golf cart path to Brownwood and the shops, would be built by spring of 2020. We only have one car and a golf cart so if one of us has the car the other one has no access to food or doctors. Does anyone know the actual dates the path and shops WILL be built, or who can tell us?
The last I just read is now it won't be until early 2021. They are sorta behind schedule or at least what they were telling people.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

We built our home in St James 2011 our agent told us Brownwood area was the last development
Old 03-06-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
No one knows the actual dates. The sales magazine in the paper earlier this week said that "connectivity" would happen by the end of 2020.

I have my doubts. Even if the bridge over the turnpike is in place, they still have to build the ramps up to it. Look how long it is taking to build the ramps to the Brownwood bridge.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
We built our home in St James 2011 our agent told us Brownwood area was the last development

And it was....................until the next one was built.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

On an earlier thread someone published a letter from Publix that said from the point the building shell is turned over to them it takes 9 months for them to finish, stock and open the store. The building shell is hoped to be finished at Magnolia Plaza late spring.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally there was a different grocery going in magnolia. When the company closed its stores, the developer had to get a new tenet, which would have been a different footprint then the first grocery. Wondering what will go into the space behind Miller’s, now that grocery chain is closing also. It’s a scary time for brick and mortar.

There are 24 hours in a day, we have one car and one cart. We have no problem scheduling appointments, and getting food. Of course we go to Gainesville for doctors. So no matter what connection there is it’s not going to be a golf cart
Old 03-06-2020, 05:15 PM

Did they promise to carry you on their shoulders if the golf cart path wasn't finished. Good luck..
Old 03-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,652 Times in 959 Posts

You must be living in the twilight zone. I have it on good authority, (my friends who bought in Largo 12 years ago) that TV would be built out once it hit 466A...so obviously, there is no Marsh Bend. There is no Fenney. They don't exist.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
This attachment was published in the Feb. 28 Daily Sun. Presumably, these details are straight from the developer's mouth.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Connectivity 2020-02-28.pdf (725.8 KB, 2100 views)
Old 03-07-2020, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Keep drinking the Kool Aide
Old 03-07-2020, 06:36 AM

You cannot even believe a real estate agent. Sorry for you
Old 03-07-2020, 07:18 AM

I am a retired sales rep. Your rep was not lying to you. They were telling you the best information we had at that time. The developer kept changing the dates on us. As far as I know the TP bridge will not be completed until the end of this year but that doesn’t mean we’ll be able to use it.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:27 AM
Sage

Whenever anyone is doing construction (additions, houses and the list can go on) there are permits to get, weather to work around, sub-contractors to work with and that list can go on as well. There are always delays!! Always!!! As JonathanB said (being a former agent)---they work with the information they're given, meaning the sales agents.
In our previous life my best half built homes for a living plus we built some for ourselves as well. We always had target dates put in place for the finish but never achieved them. Once we did however, ALL of the inconveniences were long forgotten. Take a deep breath and enjoy your time today.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,505 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It is very important for all of us to be skeptical about posts on this forum or any forum from people whose screen names are not familiar. Anyone who is anonymous can say anything. Anyone who is not anonymous can say anything.

I think sometimes people who do not live here are somewhat envious and I think there are many reasons to want to stop the growth of The Villages. I also know that my positive posts about this place and how it is run are interpreted by some as suspicious.

But many, many, many people know me in person. I really love this place and I think the developers are beyond amazing and must be good people. They made their fortunes years ago and I would never choose to be them, risking their own money time and time again and living with enormous headaches and stress. This place will be in history books for centuries. But this place RIGHT NOW is much enjoyed by over a hundred thousand people who are not young anymore.

So glad to be one of them.

Tags
golf, path, cart, car, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.