Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2020, 04:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNads View Post
I agree that a lawsuit is needed. What happened here smells like…
Fraud - /frôd/ - noun -wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Last I knew fraud was illegal and against seniors in Florida is a big no-no. It all boils down to when they knew they would not meet the January 2020 date and how did they communicate it to sales and potential buyers. A lawsuit discovery and depositions of the salespeople, planners and records will ferret this out.

I personally think they mislead people to keep sales going. If they had told me it would be another 2 years for connectivity is usable, I would have chosen a place north of 44.
Get right on that. Keep us informed.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
I love the snarky posts here. There are about three of us who mentioned lawsuit so 3 towels please, you actually may need to order a few more as people find this thread.

I posted my response to others who feel the same way to let them know they are not alone. If they want to get a class action thing going, I am in.

to me, it does not matter what caused the delay. What matters is when did they know it, and how did they communicate it to the buyers.

It would be nice for them to compensate us somehow. Maybe another food truck ...or a Mr. Softee ice cream truck (do they have these in FL?) . How about a band every now and then in the park or baseball fields. Honestly, it would not take a lot.
This is why some of us write the responses that we do. So many want to make a comment, but want someone else to take action.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
How about a band every now and then in the park or baseball fields.
You already have that.

In the open space left of the Fenney Rec Center, they sometimes have a group of musicians playing. We have been there twice, once for Irish music and the other time for Kingston Trio type of music. Both times they were EXCELLENT - much better than the exceedingly loud ****** music at the Squares.

In addition, Edna's also has good music. A few days ago, the guy singing John Lennon's song "Imagine" was very good.

Enjoy the things the Southern area has to offer, like the wonderful cart-free walking trails. We don't have those north of 44, unless you count our exciting concrete trail around Rohan.

Last edited by VApeople; 03-08-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Ok, which of you people that are threatening lawsuits has the cajones to scratch out a check - for a lot of money - to take on The Developer? You do know that FDOT is behind the delay of "The Bridge"?

My bet is no one has enough time left in their life, much less that kind of money, to take legal action on something that FDOT is delaying.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Ok, which of you people that are threatening lawsuits has the cajones to scratch out a check - for a lot of money - to take on The Developer? You do know that FDOT is behind the delay of "The Bridge"?

My bet is no one has enough time left in their life, much less that kind of money, to take legal action on something that FDOT is delaying.
And I say Amen to that my brother.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
"Your Honor, we are suing and seeking an ice cream truck."
Best post of the day
Old 03-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post

With out commenting on the merits of a lawsuit - do you know the delay is caused by FDOT? I have read that here as an opinion but not on anything published by FDOT or the developer.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 03-10-2020, 07:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
I love the snarky posts here.

It would be nice for them to compensate us somehow. Maybe another food truck ...or a Mr. Softee ice cream truck (do they have these in FL?) . How about a band every now and then in the park or baseball fields. Honestly, it would not take a lot.
I am confused, you want to sue and get compensated for baseball fields. Either you don’t live here, or have no idea of what amenities you have. You have no idea there is music. I am north, and have been down to the ball fields, and listen to the music. Maybe you can ask someone to drive you around, and point out everything.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
With out commenting on the merits of a lawsuit - do you know the delay is caused by FDOT? I have read that here as an opinion but not on anything published by FDOT or the developer.
It doesnt take too long for a rumor to be quoted as fact.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, path, cart, car, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.