Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-path-brownwood-marsh-bend-303549/)

Marathon Man 03-08-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlNads (Post 1725359)
I agree that a lawsuit is needed. What happened here smells like…
Fraud - /frôd/ - noun -wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Last I knew fraud was illegal and against seniors in Florida is a big no-no. It all boils down to when they knew they would not meet the January 2020 date and how did they communicate it to sales and potential buyers. A lawsuit discovery and depositions of the salespeople, planners and records will ferret this out.

I personally think they mislead people to keep sales going. If they had told me it would be another 2 years for connectivity is usable, I would have chosen a place north of 44.

Get right on that. Keep us informed.

Marathon Man 03-08-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlNads (Post 1725446)
I love the snarky posts here. There are about three of us who mentioned lawsuit so 3 towels please, you actually may need to order a few more as people find this thread.

I posted my response to others who feel the same way to let them know they are not alone. If they want to get a class action thing going, I am in.

to me, it does not matter what caused the delay. What matters is when did they know it, and how did they communicate it to the buyers.

It would be nice for them to compensate us somehow. Maybe another food truck ...or a Mr. Softee ice cream truck (do they have these in FL?) . How about a band every now and then in the park or baseball fields. Honestly, it would not take a lot.

This is why some of us write the responses that we do. So many want to make a comment, but want someone else to take action.

VApeople 03-08-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

How about a band every now and then in the park or baseball fields.

You already have that.

In the open space left of the Fenney Rec Center, they sometimes have a group of musicians playing. We have been there twice, once for Irish music and the other time for Kingston Trio type of music. Both times they were EXCELLENT - much better than the exceedingly loud ****** music at the Squares.

In addition, Edna's also has good music. A few days ago, the guy singing John Lennon's song "Imagine" was very good.

Enjoy the things the Southern area has to offer, like the wonderful cart-free walking trails. We don't have those north of 44, unless you count our exciting concrete trail around Rohan.

kcrazorbackfan 03-08-2020 08:58 PM

Ok, which of you people that are threatening lawsuits has the cajones to scratch out a check - for a lot of money - to take on The Developer? You do know that FDOT is behind the delay of "The Bridge"?

My bet is no one has enough time left in their life, much less that kind of money, to take legal action on something that FDOT is delaying.

vintageogauge 03-09-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1725488)
Ok, which of you people that are threatening lawsuits has the cajones to scratch out a check - for a lot of money - to take on The Developer? You do know that FDOT is behind the delay of "The Bridge"?

My bet is no one has enough time left in their life, much less that kind of money, to take legal action on something that FDOT is delaying.

And I say Amen to that my brother.

thelegges 03-10-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1725447)
:clap2:"Your Honor, we are suing and seeking an ice cream truck." :clap2:

Best post of the day

npwalters 03-10-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1725488)

With out commenting on the merits of a lawsuit - do you know the delay is caused by FDOT? I have read that here as an opinion but not on anything published by FDOT or the developer.

thelegges 03-10-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

I love the snarky posts here.

It would be nice for them to compensate us somehow. Maybe another food truck ...or a Mr. Softee ice cream truck (do they have these in FL?) . How about a band every now and then in the park or baseball fields. Honestly, it would not take a lot.

I am confused, you want to sue and get compensated for baseball fields. Either you don’t live here, or have no idea of what amenities you have. You have no idea there is music. I am north, and have been down to the ball fields, and listen to the music. Maybe you can ask someone to drive you around, and point out everything.

Chi-Town 03-10-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1726086)
With out commenting on the merits of a lawsuit - do you know the delay is caused by FDOT? I have read that here as an opinion but not on anything published by FDOT or the developer.

It doesnt take too long for a rumor to be quoted as fact.