Golf Cart Path Only?????

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2021, 02:50 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook
Default Golf Cart Path Only?????

Played Silver Lake Saturday and was told golf cart path only, asked why, seeing we had not had rain, and many people have trouble walking when they cannot use handicap access. I was told they want to keep the fairways grass looking good throughout the winter if possible.
I know a lot of people who cannot play golf with cart path only, including myself sometimes. I was OK Saturday, but some other days I would not have been able to play.
I know a lot of men are not playing men's day now, because the courses are saying golf cart path only too much.
Just venting my feelings. Don't think the courses care though, because they are busy now.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:54 PM
Default Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Played Silver Lake Saturday and was told golf cart path only, asked why, seeing we had not had rain, and many people have trouble walking when they cannot use handicap access. I was told they want to keep the fairways grass looking good throughout the winter if possible.
I know a lot of people who cannot play golf with cart path only, including myself sometimes. I was OK Saturday, but some other days I would not have been able to play.
I know a lot of men are not playing men's day now, because the courses are saying golf cart path only too much.
Just venting my feelings. Don't think the courses care though, because they are busy now.
it is an executive course with only 2 short par 4s. Should be on cart path on par 3 holes anyway. Not sure why there is an issue here.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
it is an executive course with only 2 short par 4s. Should be on cart path on par 3 holes anyway. Not sure why there is an issue here.
Not with handicap access card and approval to drive in fairways
Old 11-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

It’s a short course, however I played with a guy recovering from a stroke. Took him forever to walk to his ball, even with handicap access. He only plays the short par 3s, glad he is still playing. There is alway the complaint of cart path only, But since they are allowing 4 carts per group, cartpath only should stay
Old 11-22-2021, 04:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Look folks..it is not rocket science. they typically are "cart path only for all" when it's been wet or they're trying to protect areas. It's simple really...if you can't play without using your cart off the path then don't play. Those are the rules. They aren't difficult to understand. There are plenty of people who don't play unless their CAP card/tag are okay to use. you aren't special. deal with the fact of age and physical issues that prevent walking the 100ft required in most instances.

You aren't a bunch of babies who need coddling. take up chess. I'm not insensitive, I'm realistic. there comes a time when you have to change your goals as to what you can reasonably do without impacting others. And I guess that's the bottom line. if you can't do something without putting other people to an inconvenience then *click* common sense should kick in and let you know it's time to move on to something else.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

When you read the rules it says cart paths only. Then I head that some could get a handicap pass to leave the paths. If they are keeping a better eye on it then that is good. Since the grass does not grow much in the winter they are probably trying to avoid all the golfers claiming the courses look terrible come February.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Aaaaa, The fake handicap card that 9o% have for golf only. yes, went to a doctor and said want handicapped golf card And 99% doctors go along with scam. If handicapped you would already have handicapped license plate, placard, and placards sign to transfer.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Look folks..it is not rocket science. they typically are "cart path only for all" when it's been wet or they're trying to protect areas. It's simple really...if you can't play without using your cart off the path then don't play. Those are the rules. They aren't difficult to understand. There are plenty of people who don't play unless their CAP card/tag are okay to use. you aren't special. deal with the fact of age and physical issues that prevent walking the 100ft required in most instances.

You aren't a bunch of babies who need coddling. take up chess. I'm not insensitive, I'm realistic. there comes a time when you have to change your goals as to what you can reasonably do without impacting others. And I guess that's the bottom line. if you can't do something without putting other people to an inconvenience then *click* common sense should kick in and let you know it's time to move on to something else.
Great post!
Old 11-23-2021, 05:56 AM
Veteran member

An Executive Course, non issue.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post

Thank you a great response, some think bend all the rules to please me!!
Old 11-23-2021, 06:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts
Default Just call ahead

My suggestion would be to make your tee time wherever you want to play but on the day you play before leaving give the starter shack a call to see what restrictions there are.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:55 AM
Default CAP Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Aaaaa, The fake handicap card that 9o% have for golf only. yes, went to a doctor and said want handicapped golf card And 99% doctors go along with scam. If handicapped you would already have handicapped license plate, placard, and placards sign to transfer.
Your cannot get a CAP pass for the golf courses unless you already have a state-approved handicapped license plate.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
There are new rules to get a handicap flag for your cart. You can’t just tell the starter you want one. Now you must show proof you need one.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
This course recently was closed for renovation. Grass needs time to grow before being driven on by carts. If you played it you realize that the fairways are still not cut as short as normal.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:29 AM
Default Riding carts on golf courses.

Having physical limitations should not keep a Villager from being able to play golf if they qualify for a CAP which does require a state issued handicap pass. It is not being a baby to need to use a cart if you have heart issues or other physical limitations. Every Villager pays for unlimited golf in their amenity fee and should be able to use the courses. It is sad that some people look at people with CAPs as inconveniences instead of celebrating the fact they can still get out and enjoy a game they love.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, path, courses, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.