Golf cart pulling trailer with people

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2021, 09:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default "Either way, the huge vehicle are only for touring"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
They seem to have brake, signal, and tail lights, but I’m not sure about the braking. One brand on the internet does have a system if the front vehicle brakes it engages the brakes on the back, but those are expensive tram systems and I don’t think that’s what I saw.

We actually have multiple carts, but it’s kind of a bummer to split everyone up for tours. I’m not sure driving the huge 4 person forward facing carts would be that much easier than driving something with a trailer. Either way, the huge vehicle are only for touring, so it’d be nice to rent something by the hour.
Nope. fake data. they can be used to go to any cart accessible location. At a golf course(on exec. you rent a pull cart and at the 18 holers you rent one cart), rec centers, pools, bag toss...whatever.

There are as many uses for a four seater as there are two seaters. How does anyone see it just used for a single purpose?
Old 11-22-2021, 11:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthngirl View Post
The Tag-a-longs are very sturdy and come with seatbelts. It is a great alternative for the golf cart rental shortage in the Villages. I was skeptical at first too about the sturdiness until I road in one. All tunnels in the Villages can easily be negotiated. I would suggest anyone who is interested take a test drive and see for your self. Rob Coddington sells and rents them. 3525524547
This is a very very bad idea. Impatient driver passing, turns back too soon and clips the car just passed. Coming out of tight tunnels, distraction about other aspects of driving a golf cart on narrow diamond lanes, crossing roads at gate-won't fit in divider space. Sharp turns??? Trailer sway. No No No
Old 11-22-2021, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
They seem to have brake, signal, and tail lights, but I’m not sure about the braking. One brand on the internet does have a system if the front vehicle brakes it engages the brakes on the back, but those are expensive tram systems and I don’t think that’s what I saw.

We actually have multiple carts, but it’s kind of a bummer to split everyone up for tours. I’m not sure driving the huge 4 person forward facing carts would be that much easier than driving something with a trailer. Either way, the huge vehicle are only for touring, so it’d be nice to rent something by the hour.
Re: adding brakes to the trailer
There are similar systems used on heavier boat trailers. They work but tend to have a high failure rate. Controlling any trailer is difficult. We've all seen brakes fail in typical truck tractor trailers and those are far more reliable and expensive air brakes.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Not sure about a rickshaw look but kinda neat.
Photo shows trailer seats face forward. I see potential for someone not fully onboard being knocked over, thrown off, and possibly run over by over eager driver. Do NOT let grandkids or uninitiated drive. Trailer for hauling things? OK. Trailer for transporting friends and loved ? No freaking way!!!
Old 11-22-2021, 04:22 PM

I think those tag a longs are a great idea. Just a bit too pricy for me though.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Followed a cart with the 2 seat extension last week about 5 miles. Had 2 people in the rear. Kept speed at 20, didn’t seem to have any issues with curves, or turning into and exiting 2 tunnels. Have no affiliation with company, until this post had no idea where it came from.

Right now it’s a 6month wait on a new cart, down the road this idea maybe an idea until supply chain is somewhat back to normal.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

All I know is I would never ride in a golf cart trailer.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Nope. fake data. they can be used to go to any cart accessible location. At a golf course(on exec. you rent a pull cart and at the 18 holers you rent one cart), rec centers, pools, bag toss...whatever.

There are as many uses for a four seater as there are two seaters. How does anyone see it just used for a single purpose?
Forward facing
Old 11-22-2021, 05:29 PM
Default Tag-along for golf cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthngirl View Post
The Tag-a-longs are very sturdy and come with seatbelts. It is a great alternative for the golf cart rental shortage in the Villages. I was skeptical at first too about the sturdiness until I road in one. All tunnels in the Villages can easily be negotiated. I would suggest anyone who is interested take a test drive and see for your self. Rob Coddington sells and rents them. 3525524547
Finally someone answered the original post, instead of telling why you shouldn’t get one. Obviously, none of the naysayers have tried one to warrant their negative opinions.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default What makes you so certain??

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeadow View Post
Finally someone answered the original post, instead of telling why you shouldn’t get one. Obviously, none of the naysayers have tried one to warrant their negative opinions.
Not everyone needs to try something to see potential disadvantages or dangers. There are many in TV with backgrounds in engineering, science, safety, etc. Some of those may have already spoken, yea or nay. Personally, I see a few potential opportunities for accidents or injury. I would not feel it a good option at this time.
That being said, by all means, if you want one, buy it. Just remember that salespeople won't tell you the negatives. Their job is to make you want it or need it, and negatives can kill a sale.
To me, it is cute. Reminiscent of rickshaws and jeepneys. Picturesque third world transport in a first world community.
Old 11-23-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two bills View Post
watching the majority of villagers trying to reverse that out of/into a tight space, could be entertaining!
lol!!!
Old 11-24-2021, 11:18 AM
Default Tag Along Carts

No need to have your passengers ride backwards !
The Tag Along Carts can be purchased and rented by calling 727-631-5806
The fun, exciting and safe way to haul additional passengers !

Quote:
Recently I’ve seen trailers for golf carts that look similar to rickshaws for pulling two additional people. There is a “rent me” sign on the back of at least one of the ones I saw, but I couldn’t get close enough to get the details.

This sounds like a good solution for when guests come to town. Has anyone tried one? Or know the website that rents them?
Old 11-26-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Golf carts are NOT designed for the additional weight, they have brakes only on the rear wheels, and the addition of a trailer and 2 more people may put a significant strain on these brakes. Also, the trailer will block the lower brake and turn signals. IMHO, I am not sure this is a good idea.
I totally agree, we see where normal carts hit the entrance walls inside tunnels , I can’t imagine that much weight and trying to slow down with regular golf cart brakes. Plus if traveling and trailer has one heavier person on one side and the driver has to make a quick maneuver back and forth turn to avoid something, the resulting fishtail could be another issue by flipping or the trailer fishtailing into an oncoming cart. Renting is smarter plus there is the storage of it.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

I guess for some on here, these are potential accidents waiting to happen. I suppose if you do not feel confident in using a simple little trailer like that, then maybe you shouldn't. After all, driving 19-20mph which is the max these golf carts are supposed to be able to travel, is real dangerous (sarcasm). It is true what someone else said about some folks shouldn't even be allowed to operate a golf cart, let alone one with a trailer. In my opinion, some shouldn't be allowed to ride a bicycle by themselves. Then again, I am still a young person in my 70's so I guess I am not quite as reflex impaired yet.
Yesterday, I saw a six passenger golf cart and wondered if they had any problem manipulating through tunnels. Seems like that big monster would be more difficult than a tiny trailer.
Just a word of caution, be careful out there with those fast 19-20mph speeds..........
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, people, pulling, close, couldn’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.