Golf Cart Reckless Driving in my Village

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2018, 10:15 PM

I would also like to see a golf cart safety class for teenagers. There is a lot to learn about driving a golf cart around TV besides stepping on the gas and brake.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post

I run several days week, streets and rec trails, and find the majority of cart drivers are quite courteous and respectful. However there are a few that really make me wonder what they are thinking as they make no effort to reduce speed and give space to others. Occasionally they will even force me off the trail.

Don
I don't let them get close enough to force me off the trail, diamond lane, or street. I take evasive action well in advance and get out of the way. My health more important than playing chicken. There are blind spots, glare, some don't pay attention where they are going and thousand more reasons to get out of the way well in advance IMO.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Sage

First off what you or I consider unsafe the offender might not? Law enforcement is the only one that can enforce laws and regulations legally. We can complain and report all we want, but it's just speculation. I sure sheriff office gets lots complaints daily. They can set up trap anywhere and in hour catch umpteen law breakers anywhere in the villages.

When I ride in Golf cart I plant my feet and hold on to side rail. You just can't set like you setting at home at kitchen table. You have to brace yourself. when you allow yourself to take the ride you share some of the responsibility for your safety.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:01 AM
Sage

What about children whose fee can touch the floor?
Old 02-20-2018, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

I know this thread is about Golf Cart Speeds BUT Until people learn how to properly use round abouts (Traffic Circles) are a far greater danger here in the Villages than all of the so called speeding golf carts.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:10 AM
Sage

I don't believe amenity fees pay for broken gates. I suspect it comes out of the annual CDD maintenance fee paid on your annual taxes. The amenities fee goes up automatically with the CPI. You probably will never see required golf cart IDs without a law being enacted, and the chances of that are slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
At the condo we lived in all bicycles had to have ID's--does anyone actually think paying $5-$10 for a live time decal or tag for a golf cart would be cost prohibitive

This way it would be able to recover the cost of damages to the gates--it would probably save all of us some $$ in the long run via reduced amenity fees
Old 02-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
What about children whose fee can touch the floor?
They shouldn't be riding in golf cart unless they are strapped in and it parents responsible for their safety.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
His post says that he had no time to do that before the driver hit the gas pedal taking an almost immediate left hand turn where the passenger fell out - at least, that's how I understood it to be. As I said previously, I had read an article some time back where he had described in more detail what had happened, that is if the OP is the same person I read about. In that article, if memory serves correctly, he said the seat belts were tucked back into the back of the seat and not easy to just grab and put on if one hits the pedal immediately upon getting into the cart. I also believe they had not traveled very far before the passenger was ejected. Perhaps the OP will re-post to either validate this or clarify it.
I understood that they didn't have any time to put the seat belt on, so what you're saying they must of been somewhere, like in a parking lot close to a corner where they fell out. But it still doesn't seem like they were going to wear it because like you said the seat belt was tucked in the back of the seat. So if they didn't have it on from where they started from they must not of not worn it to where they got to. Sounds like the driver was driving pretty bad to wait so long to decide to wear it. I don't think this person gave us enough details to make it clear why they didn't have it on before or why they waited so long to decide they better put it on. I can see why we dictated their story 2 different ways. Oh well they learned a hard lesson!
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, hit, speeding, turn, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.